Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boomcopter

Can you post some more details so I can sketch my own?

I`m in !!! That points copterstyle in such an new FAST FORWARD Direction !!!

Penguin flyerDisco buildr mike20sm's Avatar
    Awesome innovation of your boom prop. Your skills never cease to amaze

Reminds me of the Sikorski X2 or Eurocopter X3. Very Cool! I thought of trying a pusher prop on my quad, but your boom prop is perfect for that application! Nice job!

I've lost balancing tape before on my Gemfans. Ive started applying small amounts of C.A. to the props and wiping it smooth when a sponge, then hitting it with kicker. It's faster than cutting pieces of tape, and it wont come off!
    Last edited by ColoradoFlightMedic; 7th January 2014 at 09:06 PM.

Brooks, N7BLD

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoFlightMedic View Post
    I've lost balancing tape before on my Gemfans. Ive started applying small amounts of C.A. to the props and wiping it smooth when a sponge, then hitting it with kicker. It's faster than cutting pieces of tape, and it wont come off!
    Have you tried to sand the blades? I used to balance props with a tape, but after it started to fly off I started to sand the blades on the inside. It might not be as fast as CA balancing though
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Do NOT disturb the pilot saucisse's Avatar
    Ian, quick question here... do you think there would ( if any ?? ) benefits on the flight time. I mean a single motor to get you going forward instead of all 3 motors spinning faster ?? Not sure if I'm putting this the proper way ?
    Last edited by saucisse; 8th January 2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Long range FPV is so 2009

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Quote Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
    Ian, quick question here... do you think there would ( if any ?? ) benefits on the flight time. I mean a single motor to get you going forward instead of all 3 motors spinning faster ?? Not sure if I'm putting this the proper way ?
    Flight-time (i.e. time aloft) and flight-range are naturally different things.

I doubt it'll help with 'flight-time', but given the same battery capacity, it's certainly feasible you might be able to cover a greater distance.

One of the many exciting things to test!

Going to have to bite on the last two posts...

Looking at this from a work/power stand point. It takes the same amount of energy to move a mass a given distance... the only way that you will realize an advantage is if there is an aerodynamic efficiency increase gained over a traditional rotorcraft.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Indeed so many things to test!

If coming out with a ''retrofit kit'' for the talon, I would suggest editing the cad so the prop holder includes some kind of prop stop that prevents the blades to fold back too far toward the front.

That is what I think too... my English not being good enough to put it into words... but IMO moving the tricopter forward the ''conventional'' way means that it need to '' lean'' forward causing more air drag since more ''body'' is exposed compared to being pushed like in Ian's video?

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    Going to have to bite on the last two posts...

Looking at this from a work/power stand point. It takes the same amount of energy to move a mass a given distance... the only way that you will realize an advantage is if there is an aerodynamic efficiency increase gained over a traditional rotorcraft.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast