Thread: Super sky surfer 2000

Navigator

Super sky surfer 2000

First of all, thanks for fast shipping, all my orders have got here very fast. My question is that i just got a super sky surfer 2000 kit. I ordered the kit because i have a ton of spare parts lying around and i wanted to use them to build the plane. I have motors, esc's, micro, standar and large servos,etc. but any of my servos fit on the plane, taking measures its look like i need a 28mmx30mmx12mm servos, a little bit longer than the micro servos and smaller than the standar servos.

What brand and model of servos fit on this plane??? Thnks

Navigator
    I am away from home so I dont recall which servos I bought as replacements.

What i can tell you is that I did not like the internal placement of the servos for elevator/rudder. I moved both servos into the tail boom just ahead of the rudder. I replaced the control horns as well as switche to z bends for push rods to control rudder/elevator.

I also now have a ton of space for spare batteries and gear in the old servo tray location.

Also I found the plastic hinges to be a detriment to the flexibility of the control surfaces. If you are going to have a rotation axis dictated by the foam joining points, the plastic hinges must align with that axis as well. Mine did not. I yanked all the hinges, detatched the surfaces, and installed multiple CA plastic hinges. No binding now and servos dont complain nearly as much.

I bought the PNP kit and should have gone the bnf kit. My esc would go into protection mode if I used the ailerons. Had a spare esc and swapped it out, no issues since.

Plane did fly well on its maiden. Only have one flight so far so dont have COG set perfect butcoming into a slight head wind it landed the best of anything I own. Think it is the giant non folding prop. Come in on glide just short of stall with minimal power then cut power and it stalls and drops on command.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by uglygun View Post
    I am away from home so I dont recall which servos I bought as replacements.

What i can tell you is that I did not like the internal placement of the servos for elevator/rudder. I moved both servos into the tail boom just ahead of the rudder. I replaced the control horns as well as switche to z bends for push rods to control rudder/elevator.

I also now have a ton of space for spare batteries and gear in the old servo tray location.

Also I found the plastic hinges to be a detriment to the flexibility of the control surfaces. If you are going to have a rotation axis dictated by the foam joining points, the plastic hinges must align with that axis as well. Mine did not. I yanked all the hinges, detatched the surfaces, and installed multiple CA plastic hinges. No binding now and servos dont complain nearly as much.

I bought the PNP kit and should have gone the bnf kit. My esc would go into protection mode if I used the ailerons. Had a spare esc and swapped it out, no issues since.

Plane did fly well on its maiden. Only have one flight so far so dont have COG set perfect butcoming into a slight head wind it landed the best of anything I own. Think it is the giant non folding prop. Come in on glide just short of stall with minimal power then cut power and it stalls and drops on command.

Thanks for all the tips, ill start with the hinges right now! I hope everythings goes ok.