FPVLAB

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: noob from Alabama!

Navigator
    BittMac

We need to all get together one weekend for flying. Maybe some other AL FPVers will post.

Quote Originally Posted by gblaylo View Post
    BrittMac

We need to all get together one weekend for flying. Maybe some other AL FPVers will post.

Absolutely. It is starting to look like my buddy Kev and I are kind of in the middle of the other AL flyers. We have a little field of our own(just outside Montevallo), and another flying site or two that we fly at occasionally. May need to have a fly-in of sorts someday. Definitely needs to be a bit warmer though! Yikes!

gblaylo,
    I grew up in Valley Grande before it was incorporated. Rountree drive.
    In Orange Beach now.

Navigator
    im wanting to build something a little more towards what i intend to do in the future...
    i love the look of disco but do not want the pro as i will fab my own zenmuse to it
    i want long range so uhf/2.4 vid i will be doing dragonlink or EZuhf...
    the motor/esc combo i really dont know much about, i just want smooth good power and most important run time!
    with this said the tbs complete long range kit is like 3200.00 and after pricing out seems really fair!
    i could part and do myself but would go through several vendors and so on...would save 5-800 which is nice but was thinking
    the tbs kit they have tried/tested many combo's and atleast have most kinks worked out and it would be solid performer..

I wish i could find a clean used setup thats something in the direction i want to head but havnt been able to do so...plus im a picky anal f'er
    so it may be hard to find period...

I find it hard to find the tbs products in the usa and actually in stock!!!

Navigator
    Im down for getting together for sure!!! i watched a vid with trappy and his co-pilots having fun with fpv at a closed down warehouse/factory....
    looked like soooooo much fun!

Harris, if you have the skills to attach a zenmuse to a Disco, you have the skills to build your own quad. Really. If you need any questions answered, this is the place to get it done.
    Really though, long range with a disco is gonna be the same as most multicopters. Limited by battery use and such. You may probably be just fine with 5.8 for video, but 2.4 is just fine.
    Come up and fly with us one day and see what we have. Make a decision based on that. Can't hurt.
    Or not. No one is gonna rag on you for buying any particular product.

Welcome to the revolution.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachflyer View Post
    gblaylo,
    I grew up in Valley Grande before it was incorporated. Rountree drive.
    In Orange Beach now.

Hey Beachflyer

I have some friends that grew up on Roundtree Dr. Did you know David Strickland or Allen Green? We might be older than you.

Gary

Navigator
    Same goes here Harris. If you want to come down sometime we will do some FPV. We are flying planes and quads FPV. I don't think you will be happy tying long range on a quad as the batteries are going to limit you. My quad is home built and I get 10 good minutes of flying and about 2 minutes spare. This is with two 3S 33000 packs. I'm flying this with a Spectrum 2.4 radio, 900mhz transmitter, 700 Sony camera, and Mobius camera. The Penguin I fly is also equipped the same but with Dragon Link on the transmitter. My flight times are 45 minutes and have flown over 3 miles out with great video. The advantage with the quad is you can fly anywhere. Flying low and between things is where the fun is with quads. Also flying home built wings the same distance. I can post a pic of the quad if you would like. I have the drawing for it. I cut my wings and quad on a CNC router. Any help you need just ask. Someone will have the answer.

Gary

Co-Pilot
    Huntsville flier here. Would love to get together. I fly wings and multirotors.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast