www.immersionrc.com

Thread: SpiroNet - 2 of same sent by accident in 2 kits?

Banned

SpiroNet - 2 of same sent by accident in 2 kits?

I ordered two kits of Spironet antennas. Both have two antennas in the package that have black protective covers. I cannot tell which one is the 3 lobe, and which one is the 4 lobe. From looking at the website for ImmersionRC, it looks like I should have 1 black and 1 grey. Also - pending some information on how to determine which one in each kit is 3 lobe, and which one is 4, which one goes to where? Does the 3 lobe go to the transmitter or receiver?

Also - on 1 of the units in each kit, the black round cover seems looser than the other - it seems like it can rotate about 20 degrees whereas the "tighter" manufactured identical unit cannot rotate at all. Is that OK?

I tested on the ImmersionRC Power Meter and am getting -48db line of site with each one vertically pointed upward. No attenuation set on the Power Meter (just got it and still learning).

Forum Member
    The new spironets come with 2 4 lobe antennas (skew planar wheel) and should have red stems and are the same length. The old set came with one clover and one spw. Do your antennas have red stems? If so, you have the version 2s!

Forum Member
    Mine have it marked underneath, Rx and TX.

Pete
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial narrow][COLOR=#ff0000]similis vobis fugere eam furatus[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#ff0000][B]![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[LIST][*][URL="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Edith_Sitwell"]Edith Sitwell[/URL] "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."[/LIST]

Forum Member
    Yes the new ones are both the same with a red cable (not grey like the old ones.)
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Banned
    Yes - I have two units, identical, with red stems and black round caps. Are they both the same (and thus for use on either a Tx or Rx equally well)?

Forum Member
    Yep , both the same , doesnt matter Tx or Rx .
    I find the better that the older ones as the stay in position you put them in better , and the image seams a bit clearer with them too !
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.