Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAA Complaince Kit new low price.

if the craft is tethered, its not able to be put under the same category as remote or full scale ships. Its changing what your operating, thus the regs, laws, and rules that apply to full scale and UAV's become non-applicable, thus allowing one do make money, start a buisness, advertise, and all the other stuff that we cannot do. While very limiting, can be just the ticket for a handful of operators that do not want to be bothered with FAA stuff. It essentially becomes a kite?

i dunno, im tired and babbling.. .
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    if the craft is tethered, its not able to be put under the same category as remote or full scale ships. Its changing what your operating, thus the regs, laws, and rules that apply to full scale and UAV's become non-applicable, thus allowing one do make money, start a buisness, advertise, and all the other stuff that we cannot do. While very limiting, can be just the ticket for a handful of operators that do not want to be bothered with FAA stuff. It essentially becomes a kite?
    Interesting, buy a six dollar roll of Kevlar kite string and the world is golden.

I know some guy down in Florida who does that with his Phantom when getting in close to RF, just in case it gets the idea to try and fly back to China.

Another idea I have come up with is a repellent spray, something like a mosquito repellent that can sprayed in the area before flying after which it will repel and disorient FAA compliance inspectors, going to call it FAA Away or maybe Bug Off Regulatory Bugger. ;-)

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 2nd March 2014 at 03:43 PM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

I'm still trying to figure out if this product is a joke or a scam aimed at really gullible people.

Considering there ARE no enforceable regulations prohibiting commercial UAS, numerous companies are operating commercial UAS in open defiance of FAA "policy," and nobody has ever been fined SOLELY for operating a commercial UAS, there is really no need for this product to make your operation "legal."

Second, their claims about having some special certification are highly suspect. If you read the portion of the letter they posted on their website (which does not even show the whole letter), their application for a UAS waiver (the 50 pages of paper work they talk about filing on their site, and offer as a reason why it's easier to use their system than do this on your own), was DENIED.

The FAA official then referred them to the general tethered balloon and kite regulations in 14 CFR part 101, subpart B. All that contains is some general operating restrictions and a requirement to provide notice to your local ATC before conducting tethered operations. There is no requirement in the regulation to use a "certified" tether system, though there is a requirement that the system be sufficiently lit so as to be visible, and if operating at sunrise or sunset the tether has to have colored pennants attached.

They quote part of the letter where the FAA person says their operation must have some sort of certificate of compliance, but such a requirement is nowhere to be found in the regulation. They also do not include any part of the letter which appears to give them the authority to authorize other people's operations. The letter seemed more to contemplate a single operation by the company itself, not them essentially sub-licensing authorization from the FAA.

Furthermore, despite what the FAA guy seemed to think, I find it highly doubtful that the regulatory provisions on tethered kites and balloons would apply to a tethered multirotor, since the regulation says, "This subpart applies to the operation of moored balloons and kites." I don't think a powered multicopter counts as a balloon or kite, since neither of those are powered aircraft, and both achieve lift in a completely different manner.

In short, this company's legal claims are extremely dubious and I would say deceptive. I personally question the appropriatness of having this advertized on FPVLab, even if it is by a sponsor. I will be reporting it to the mods to see what they think of this.
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Quote Originally Posted by prelator View Post
    In short, this company's legal claims are extremely dubious and I would say deceptive. I personally question the appropriatness of having this advertized on FPVLab, even if it is by a sponsor. I will be reporting it to the mods to see what they think of this.
    Thanks.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Is working on 12 projects Sicarius's Avatar
    I'm still trying to figure out if this product is a joke or a scam aimed at really gullible people.

Considering there ARE no enforceable regulations prohibiting commercial UAS, numerous companies are operating commercial UAS in open defiance of FAA "policy," and nobody has ever been fined SOLELY for operating a commercial UAS, there is really no need for this product to make your operation "legal."

Second, their claims about having some special certification are highly suspect. If you read the portion of the letter they posted on their website (which does not even show the whole letter), their application for a UAS waiver (the 50 pages of paper work they talk about filing on their site, and offer as a reason why it's easier to use their system than do this on your own), was DENIED.

The FAA official then referred them to the general tethered balloon and kite regulations in 14 CFR part 101, subpart B. All that contains is some general operating restrictions and a requirement to provide notice to your local ATC before conducting tethered operations. There is no requirement in the regulation to use a "certified" tether system, though there is a requirement that the system be sufficiently lit so as to be visible, and if operating at sunrise or sunset the tether has to have colored pennants attached.

They quote part of the letter where the FAA person says their operation must have some sort of certificate of compliance, but such a requirement is nowhere to be found in the regulation. They also do not include any part of the letter which appears to give them the authority to authorize other people's operations. The letter seemed more to contemplate a single operation by the company itself, not them essentially sub-licensing authorization from the FAA.

Furthermore, despite what the FAA guy seemed to think, I find it highly doubtful that the regulatory provisions on tethered kites and balloons would apply to a tethered multirotor, since the regulation says, "This subpart applies to the operation of moored balloons and kites." I don't think a powered multicopter counts as a balloon or kite, since neither of those are powered aircraft, and both achieve lift in a completely different manner.

Thank you for putting it into words that I could not, this is exactly what I thought
    Youtube username: SicariusMortus
    FPV NL

^^This.

Also this http://dronelawjournal.com/busting-t...ting-document/

And really, we've been down this road before http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....pliant-Product.
    "You can't take the sky from me"

I perceived it as a total joke... I hope it was! :-O
    EchelonFPV - Team Based FPV & Formation Flying
    GroundStationTV - FPV Build/Tech Info and Entertainment
    TonkaSummit - The Best Ground Vehicle in FPV!

there is nothing about this that makes the buyer anymore than falsly educated on the entire situation. kites with cameras are uav's, blimps with cams are uav's. the string does nothing to change that within the faa. They need to market it as dji naza flyaway kit,,,, hahaha

that'd probably get more buyers anyhow
    Member of MPAA, Local 600 DP - N522QZ & N147BW, Founding Partner of Aerial MOB
    Aerial MOB is proud to use products from:KlonerBuilt, Red Digital Cinema, Panasonic Lumix, Aeronavics, Hexacrafter, Team Blacksheep, Ritewing, Photohigher, Freefly....instagram, facebook.... #klonersfpv #klonerbuilt #aerialmob --- Support your Local 600 ---

Quote Originally Posted by kloner View Post
    They need to market it as dji naza flyaway kit,,,, hahaha - that'd probably get more buyers anyhow
    Zing!!! haha
    EchelonFPV - Team Based FPV & Formation Flying
    GroundStationTV - FPV Build/Tech Info and Entertainment
    TonkaSummit - The Best Ground Vehicle in FPV!

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Apparently this went through the FAA and they certified it. I heard about this thing before it was offered for sale as it was going through the process. You are paying for the license to tell the FAA to buzz off.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting