FPVLAB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rssi with futaba problem

rssi with futaba problem

has anybody set up rssi for futaba r148dp or r149dp receivers? I have everything wired correctly I think but my max value is 5 and my min value with the radio off is 10. I don't understand this.

transmitter on 0.20v
    transmitter off 0.94v

please help!

nobody able to help? So far i've read that this could be a problem with the osd not able to interpret reversed values. Has anybody had lower voltage when the transmitter is on with any other type of receivers?

You must've got it wired wrong, I've used those Rxs and they work just fine. Don't have them anymore, so can't check unfortunately.
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

I searched the net for RSSI pin for my receiver and soldered on exactly like they showed. Can't get anywhere close to the values people have suggested. I've even measured the value from the RSSI pin directly before soldering and it was the same (not what other people got). I've read some people got it to work and some didn't. Did you use an opamp or buffer when you did it? You are probably right about wiring it wrong somewhere, just can't figure out where.

I just wired a R149DP tonight. I'm getting about 0.8V with Tx off, and about 2.2V with it on. Calibrated the OSD and all seems well. I do not have a buffer in place, and to be honest I'm not sure if this receiver needs one, but I know the input on my OSD is not buffered. I do have a buffer in the mail and will install it inline when it gets here, and before I fly it.
    AKA Bonafidepirate

This is the pin I used, when I searched there seemed to be different versions of this receiver that look different with the case off. For this particular one that I have, there were two spots mentioned to get RSSI from the board, and this was the easiest and the one I went with. After I soldered this wire here, I removed a diode and cut one trace, disconnecting the signal pin from the "DSC" port on the receiver which I'll never use, then soldered the RSSI to that pin for a nice clean install. Now I have GND, +5V, and RSSI all on the DSC port, which I need all 3 for my OSD. This lets me run a single servo cable between the two, works great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r149dp.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	4441
    AKA Bonafidepirate

Hi Keith, wow, I'm so glad someone out there is working on the same thing I am. I've done exactly as you describe and the picture shows. I'll post mine tomorrow though. So, just to clarify when you do your voltage check, if you put the red multimeter lead on the spot you soldered the wire to and then you put the black lead on the common ground next to the soldered wire, you get the voltages you described right? Because for me if I use the negative pin from the servo pins or the common ground next to the rssi wire, I get those low voltages I describe. They seem reverse to what they should be too.

That is correct, the pin directly next to (on the right I think, but it's early... lol) where I soldered the wire is a ground, common to those on the servo pins. Checking as you describe I get those voltages, and when calibrating the levels on my OSD it read the same.
    AKA Bonafidepirate

I dont understand why yours is being hard to get along with, highnmighty. You've done it all right as far as I can tell. Your other 148DP acts the same you said? I can let you borrow my 138DP to test with if you like?
    Get me a Crocodile sandwich. And make it snappy.

ok, it's a deal. I'd like to borrow the 138 and try to measure the voltage range. thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast