Thread: TBS Caipirinha FPV setup

Forum Member

TBS Caipirinha FPV setup

Hello, I'd like to make FPV setup for TBS Caipirinha with LAWMATE 2G4 TX (TUNED), LAWMATE 2G4 RX (TUNED) and TBS 69 cam. Do I need two 2.4GHZ YAGI (11DB) antenna for 10km range? Or just one (but what second will be?) How to connect FPV to FatShark Attidute SD or Predator v2? What RC to choose? Thanks.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrejcat View Post
    Hello, I'd like to make FPV setup for TBS Caipirinha with LAWMATE 2G4 TX (TUNED), LAWMATE 2G4 RX (TUNED) and TBS 69 cam. Do I need two 2.4GHZ YAGI (11DB) antenna for 10km range? Or just one (but what second will be?) How to connect FPV to FatShark Attidute SD or Predator v2? What RC to choose? Thanks.
    Better buy a second Caipirinha for backup if you want to fly 10km range without basic knowledge

Forum Member
    What I think he meant to say was - get an all in one FPV kit on 5.8, and start local if you've never FPV'ed before. How is your C-plane flying right now?

Forum Member
    You won't be doing 10km without being intimately knowledgeable about antenna design, fresnel zones, polarisation, b2f ratios, dB, harmonics etc. I suggest watching the ibcrazy videos first, and work from there.

Forum Member
    Oh, if really, I have FPV'ed before, but my knowledge isn't very big.
    I choose Caiphieinha mainly for long range-about 5-7 km. And for great speed.
    I want to buy now 10+ km set for future FPV.
    Basic FPV set for ex. FatShark Predator v2 won't give you long range.
    And i think, 5.8 is not good idea - it goes through buildings and trees very bad.
    Sorry, if I say something wrong - I don't have a lot of knowledge.
    Abut RC - I had opton of 6-ch Spectrum with additional TX and RX, but it runs on 2.4
    What 1.3 RC for long range to choose?
    Sorry for my bad English

Forum Member
    Thanks a lot for ibcrazy. It will improve my knowledge

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hover View Post
    Better buy a second Caipirinha for backup if you want to fly 10km range without basic knowledge
    That's the experience talking . It is really scaring flying 2 or 3km with a small wing, 10km will be a real challenge .
    *** Please Subscribe: [url]http://youtube.com/user/rlage3/videos[/url] ***
    My gear: TBS Discovery - TBS Discovery Pro - DRQ250 - AXN - Easystar 2

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrejcat View Post
    Oh, if really, I have FPV'ed before, but my knowledge isn't very big.
    I choose Caiphieinha mainly for long range-about 5-7 km. And for great speed.
    I want to buy now 10+ km set for future FPV.
    Basic FPV set for ex. FatShark Predator v2 won't give you long range.
    And i think, 5.8 is not good idea - it goes through buildings and trees very bad.
    Sorry, if I say something wrong - I don't have a lot of knowledge.
    Abut RC - I had opton of 6-ch Spectrum with additional TX and RX, but it runs on 2.4
    What 1.3 RC for long range to choose?
    Sorry for my bad English

Tell us more about your FPV experience, out LOS? and with what setup.
    Long range: 1-5-7-10+ is like first learn to crawl then walk and start running. Not hearing your plane with goggles on is also an experience
    FatShark Predator v2 has nothing to do with long range, is just provides you an image
    Why is 5.8 not a good idea? Just don't fly behind buildings which can block the signal. 3 km on 5.8 with correct antenna is do-able
    2.4 RC and 5.8 Video are a good combination.
    Longrange and not having the knowledge about antenna design, fresnel zones, polarisation, b2f ratios, ect is a succes for failure.

Time to start reading a lot of topics on this community, define what your first goal will be and ask question about it if you're not sure. There is a lot of knowledge here and people willing to help you reach your goal.

Forum Member
    Hi I've had my Caipi for a while and its fun to buzz around at the flying field on 2S. Now I want to upgrade to a 3S setup. I recall seeing a long range electonics kit and 3S battery on the TBS web site but could'nt find them today. Have these products been discontinued ? I suppose I can find an appropriate motor and ESC but as I recall the 3S battery was especially designed to fit in the battery bay and keep the Caipi within its weight and balance envelope. Sure would like to find that battery, any recommedations ?