Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skyzone googles / Problem with ImmersionRC 600mW transmitters

Navigator
    Try a different TX antenna, and if you're from the US switch to channel 35, 36 or 37.
    I ordered a clover from FoxTech for my 832 / Skyzone setup and it was junk, no power output at all.
    The Newer clover / Skew Planer combos I bought off of ebay for $12.00 a set work great. I've flown them to over 2000 meters with great video and it looks like I could go alot farther if needed.
    I'm happy as can be getting that kind of range with my quad just using omni's.

Quote Originally Posted by roncom View Post
    Hi, I am using the Skyzone goggles with the TS832 AV TX included in the combo from fox tech with the foxteck circular polarised antenna and can't get any further away than about 50 meters without the video drop out. Anybody else having any problems?

Thanks for your help, I will give that a go.

Quote Originally Posted by IA-Flyer View Post
    The Newer clover / Skew Planer combos I bought off of ebay for $12.00 a set work great. I've flown them to over 2000 meters with great video and it looks like I could go alot farther if needed.
    Can you give us a link to what you bought? Eabay is flooded with like ads, not sure which ones are good.

thnks

Navigator
    odd, my skyzone goggles work perfect with my IRC 600mW vTx
    (unless I got a black market rebranded foxtech labeled as IRC )
    maybe they quietly fixed it.......

I'm looking for lens for skyzone goggleClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20141005_072658.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	52868 Someone can help to get both them. I removed the diopters when I get the goggles because they disturb me. The lens (photo) have a little bit stripes on.
    Thank you for your help

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for this thread and the first answer within. It finally gave me some peace of mind, after several attempts of trying to improve the quality of the video link, including the complete disassembly of my quad, trying to power the whole FPV system from a separate battery, tweaking the camera's settings, resoldering the wire, etc.

The story goes that I bought the Skyzone googles with the Immersion RC transmitter from a guy and so I automatically supposed that it was a working combination. Turns out it isn't and I was tricked. Should've googled it earlier. Now I have a 200mW Skyzone VTX incoming as well as a Skyzone DVR screen, so I should get rid of these problems.

Thanks again.

mine got the same exact problem as yours. how is the range when using 200mW Skyzone VTX?

Quote Originally Posted by kitsched View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to thank you for this thread and the first answer within. It finally gave me some peace of mind, after several attempts of trying to improve the quality of the video link, including the complete disassembly of my quad, trying to power the whole FPV system from a separate battery, tweaking the camera's settings, resoldering the wire, etc.

The story goes that I bought the Skyzone googles with the Immersion RC transmitter from a guy and so I automatically supposed that it was a working combination. Turns out it isn't and I was tricked. Should've googled it earlier. Now I have a 200mW Skyzone VTX incoming as well as a Skyzone DVR screen, so I should get rid of these problems.

Thanks again.

In semi urban areas I go out around 250 meters before video quality starts to worsen. Away from the city (up in the mountains) I went further than 300 meters and the video quality was mint, I just chickened out being further out than before. I don't have the best antennas though...

I figure out nothing wrong combining immersionrc vtx with skyzone. The problem is when 12v CMOS camera sit in between which need regulator to increase the volt out of vtx. Why dont just put jumper or provide with a ready made wire built in step up 12v regulator. Shame on immersionrc!

Quote Originally Posted by ayobcode View Post
    I figure out nothing wrong combining immersionrc vtx with skyzone. The problem is when 12v CMOS camera sit in between which need regulator to increase the volt out of vtx. Why dont just put jumper or provide with a ready made wire built in step up 12v regulator. Shame on immersionrc!
    You may want to read up on the status quo, we've been selling a 12V stepup for our transmitters for at least the last 5 years. Get with the program buddy!
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC