Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lumenier DX600 DVR battery drain when off

Just got the Lumenier DX600 DVR and really can;t believe there are no English-based instructions. Like does this thing charge through the usb port or the dc in? I am hoping its the usb so I can eventually try using it.

any other tips that should have come in the instructions would be appreciated! (how do we get to this menu I keep hearing about?)

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by thintz View Post
    Just got the Lumenier DX600 DVR and really can;t believe there are no English-based instructions. Like does this thing charge through the usb port or the dc in? I am hoping its the usb so I can eventually try using it.

any other tips that should have come in the instructions would be appreciated! (how do we get to this menu I keep hearing about?)
    It charges though that 5v tiny barrel connector that plugs into a standard USB port. The light just stays green or whatever, never seems to indicate fully charged but eventually you look and the batt bar on the screen is full and then it is charged.

If you have a look around the menus it is all pretty self explanatory.

One thing that will save you some frustration is to turn on the DVR (power up) AFTER you have a live video link with VRx, and then turn off DVR (power down), BEFORE the turn on VTx or quad or VRx. It is a pain, but the DVR might freeze up if it sees a bunch of static, especially on the higher FPS and bit-rate settings.

It is better than Fatshark built in DVR though, with consistent frame rate and higher bitrate and better codec.

Navigator
    Comparison between Lumenier DVR and Fatshark internal DVR

Last edited by BWX; 15th May 2017 at 12:42 PM.

Another newbie to the Lumenier DX600, having issues formating ScandDisk 64gb SD card as the Lumenier DX600 shows "memory error" and bails on the format operation. Is there a size limit on the SD card that can be used? I am looking but don't think I have a smaller capacity SD card here, I don't think.

I bought this used and was looking for a shorter cord to run between the DVR and the Screen. Can anyone confirm if these use 2.5mm av cables? I ordered some and not thinking about it received the 3.5 which are too big apparently.

Thanks in advance.

New DX600 picture has a bar at top

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_GetFPV View Post
    We still carry it, and it is still supported, just hadn't been added to the Lumenier website yet.

Andy,

I just received my DX600 and was experimenting with it today. The video has a bar at the top that jitters back and forth. I've not seen this on anyone else's videos from this DVR. I tried different resolutions and all 3 different screen sizes with no luck. Is there a "Secret Setting" I'm missing?

bill

Firmware?

Helpful suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Firmware?
    OK, good suggestion. I thought of this, but it leads to MORE questions:

1. Any idea HOW to update the firmware on this thing?
    2. Suggestions on WHERE to find the firmware to download?

Do you have one of these and have solved the problem with new firmware, or are you just speculating? I could really use some help, this band of static at the top is really bothersome.

bill

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnianbill View Post
    ...just received my DX600 and was experimenting with it today. The video has a bar at the top that jitters back and forth.
    I have had a DX600 for about 3 years now and it just started doing that bar that jitters. The bar on mine is at the bottom and is purple in color. It starts as soon as I start to record even with no signal. I tried setting it back to the default settings but no luck. Next I'll see if I can pull the battery and reformat the SD card.