Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardupilot Owners Group

Ardupilot Owners Group

I'm hoping that this may be a come to group for anything based on Ardupilot Control
    ArduCOPTER
    ArduPLANE
    and
    ArduROVER

any questions are welcome.

Im am not a dev or anything so we can go off that and my experience as well as yours is what will make this happen.

First of all the Holy Grail of APM is the site http://www.ardupilot.com/
    and the sub category that is used for each platform type (copter, plane and rover).

Personally I spent over a week prior to touching my controller just taking in the how-it-works and what-does-what of the controller and accompanying Mission Planner.

And for tuning a copter, a great starting spot is the DaveC method.
    http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ar...ource=activity

and as a side note to tuning make sure that the autobalance level (i think) is set to 0 so that the copter doesn't try and autolevel itself while flying in manual mode. Which is the mode you want for basic make my copter fly tuning, although it usually will get off the ground with standard out of the box PIDs. Then set to stabilize mode for setting the stab P.

Mission Planner is Found at the following- and is the latest version available
    http://ardupilot.com/downloads/?did=82

I will let others chime in with setup of plane and rover. As of now i have'nt messed with either of them.

More info to come!

I'm running ArduCOPTER on an APM 2.6 for my QAV400. I love it. I have a OTG cable which allows me to plug the 3dr Telem. Radio into my Nexus 7 tablet which gives you a full featured GCS using the Andropilot App- complete with alarms, waypoint planning and parameter tuning. @paintz have you experimented with the new beta firmware for the copter which now has automatic PID gain tuning? You basically take off into hover, then put it into autotune mode, and the FC makes pitch/roll movements while adjusting gains in real time based on sensor measurements. Most are flashing it just to get a snapshot of the values it produces and then rolling back to the stable build and using the saved values from the autotune routine. While my QAV400 is pretty dialed in there is some aspects that just feel a little off, and I have seen many on DIYDRONES have success getting their machines locked in using the new beta autotune feature.
    Lumenier QAV400 | APM 2.6
    TBS Discovery Pro | OpenPilot CC3D

I've been staying away just for the mere fact I'm poor and don't want a rebuild to happen.. basically I'm a chicken. Haha. But I didn't think of that, I may try it. Although pretty good just a touch overtuned at the moment.

When you say wierd is the autobalance thing I mentioned set to zero on yours for manual? That was my problem for about 4 weeks till I found it.

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Great thread, couldn't be better timed!

I've just put together my 2nd tricopter and used the Arducopter controller (instead of the KK2 used on my 1st) and I've been blown away by how well it works - it's just fantastic!

At the moment I've only one technical question I need help on, but since so few people fly tricopters these days (let alone tricopters with the Arducopter controller), I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer...

So, any Arducopter tricopter owners? Please raise you hands!

Haha you and your wierdness.. worse than me.. if someone buys a naza ill buy an apm to be different.
    Z2 ok lets put a turbine on it :-P

What's your q?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
    Great thread, couldn't be better timed!

I've just put together my 2nd tricopter and used the Arducopter controller (instead of the KK2 used on my 1st) and I've been blown away by how well it works - it's just fantastic!

At the moment I've only one technical question I need help on, but since so few people fly tricopters these days (let alone tricopters with the Arducopter controller), I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer...

So, any Arducopter tricopter owners? Please raise you hands!
    I've just put together getfpv's tricopter and put a APM on it. It really is stable without any configuration so far but I've yet to do any tuning with it. I tried the autotune function and was wondering why it wouldn't activate until I realized I was using an older firmware lol. Going to give the latest firmware a try tomorrow. Anyways I'm fairly new to arducopter but I'll see if I can help. What's your question?

BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REBUILD.
    I'll be jumpin in on this soon, as I'm going to be putting a APM w/ all the fixings on my Droidworx Octo here in about a month.

What is a good cheap place to get one? I'd love to get my feet wet with an APM, but I'm not the richest fellow. Half of my frames are scratch built.

hehe just start this thread and I go off and put a fy-dos on my quad ill see how it goes in the next couple days, I have a feeling i'll be back to apm in a week. and keep the dos for a plane.

Looking forward to getting some good information from this thread... maybe it's me but the forum at DIYDrones does not seem to be very active...

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast