Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Camera Case Mobius

  1. #21
    Navigator Kondor-FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    Looks good... seems a little tall from the pan plane to the tilt plane though.
    Yes Derrick,
    That's one mod I was going to do, 10mm shorter, 5mm on one end and 5 on the other...
    I also have to place the holes for the tilt arm, just 1mm higher and towards the edge, but they are minor details.
    www.fpvlr.com - Home of your favourite Custom FPV antennas.

  2. #22
    Navigator Kondor-FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    WANT!
    I don't know what the pricing should be though, I accept suggestions.... I have only sold antennas so far..
    www.fpvlr.com - Home of your favourite Custom FPV antennas.

  3. #23
    I see you... Derrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vernon, NY
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondor-FPV View Post
    I don't know what the pricing should be though, I accept suggestions.... I have only sold antennas so far..
    cost of wood + shipping + $5 to 10 for your time/effort. (this assumes that you will cut a bunch of these and spread your design time across them all 50 units)
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

  4. #24
    Navigator Kondor-FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    cost of wood + shipping + $5 to 10 for your time/effort. (this assumes that you will cut a bunch of these and spread your design time across them all 50 units)
    sounds reasonable , around 15$ + shipping cost, this is birch wood, it's tough as nails, as you see in the video the parts are only press fit, there is glue only on the supports.
    I mean the Chinese sell the 3mm poplar plywood crap that breaks just by looking at it for 7-8$, with significantly less complex designs and material.
    www.fpvlr.com - Home of your favourite Custom FPV antennas.

  5. #25
    Navigator fireflyer451's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    264
    Kondor, Looks very nice and priced right. I'd

    You are right, my prototype problem was the choice of wood. As long as you are accepting requests (because everyone is a critic ) would you consider making a side-mounted FPV camera version? Those cam-on-top are tall and subject to more in-flight vibrations. Also side mounted is less wind resistance, which can make a big difference when used on a flying wing.

    Thanks for your work, it's good stuff.

  6. #26
    Navigator Kondor-FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer451 View Post
    Kondor, Looks very nice and priced right. I'd

    You are right, my prototype problem was the choice of wood. As long as you are accepting requests (because everyone is a critic ) would you consider making a side-mounted FPV camera version? Those cam-on-top are tall and subject to more in-flight vibrations. Also side mounted is less wind resistance, which can make a big difference when used on a flying wing.

    Thanks for your work, it's good stuff.
    I think I can do the side-mount as well, but it will be heavier, do you also need pan-tilt? That would really add more weight,
    ... unless I keep the tilt mechanism the same..
    Last edited by Kondor-FPV; 5th December 2013 at 07:18 PM.
    www.fpvlr.com - Home of your favourite Custom FPV antennas.

  7. #27
    Navigator fireflyer451's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    264
    I would 'like' pan/tilt even of it is heavier. But seeing what you have built I would buy both side mount of a pan only, and a pan/tilt, and experiment. Good stuff, thanks

  8. #28
    Navigator Kondor-FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer451 View Post
    I would 'like' pan/tilt even of it is heavier. But seeing what you have built I would buy both side mount of a pan only, and a pan/tilt, and experiment. Good stuff, thanks
    ok, I will make the side mount, and move the mounting holes of the tilt mechanism to the side a bit, so it's more balanced and see what we come up with.

    ( BTW, I am happy today, as I sold my first home of my new real estate career, so all requests are fine to me, hehe).
    www.fpvlr.com - Home of your favourite Custom FPV antennas.

  9. #29
    I see you... Derrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vernon, NY
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondor-FPV View Post
    ok, I will make the side mount, and move the mounting holes of the tilt mechanism to the side a bit, so it's more balanced and see what we come up with.

    ( BTW, I am happy today, as I sold my first home of my new real estate career, so all requests are fine to me, hehe).
    Congrats! That is a great accomplishment, may it be the first of many.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

  10. #30
    Navigator Kondor-FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    Congrats! That is a great accomplishment, may it be the first of many.
    Thank you! Actually I started Nov 1st so to me it's quite nice to be able to do this after just 1 month, in a new town, and back in the US after many years in Italy, so to me it was twice as hard, but I did it, and hopefully, as you say, it's just the first of many and bigger ones. Now I can afford to play more with my laser and make some antennnas for my customers.
    www.fpvlr.com - Home of your favourite Custom FPV antennas.

Similar Threads

  1. Mobius HD Action Cam!!!
    By ReadyMadeRC in forum ReadyMadeRC
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 4th April 2014, 07:54 AM
  2. ZII camera case question
    By JBeloncik in forum Team-Black Sheep
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th May 2013, 03:22 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12th April 2013, 02:03 PM
  4. Metal case for PZ0420 camera
    By gauravag in forum IFR - Video Link Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24th August 2012, 06:00 AM
  5. Camera case for GoPro and Dx201 for Zephyr wing
    By timnilson in forum LUMENIER
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 6th June 2011, 11:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •