Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Case Mobius

Camera Case Mobius

Hello guys, need some input on designing a laser-cut camera case for the mobius hd camera.
    What are the features that are most needed? Do you need holes to pass wires through? Is another bay for a second fpv camera needed or does it perform double duty as flight cam and hd recording cam?

All inputs are appreciated, and I will post CAD screenshots on this thread to develop it nicely.

Tony.
    www.fpvlr.com - Home of your favourite Custom FPV antennas.

Spearheading an Aliance BravoGolf's Avatar
    subbing along....

Will have my mobius in a few days. I'm sure I'll have some ideas after I get it, as I like to hang all sorts of booms and mounts off my air frames for various shots and camera angles.

BG
    ~BG

Fixed wing: Volantex Ranger 2.4j - Volantex Ranger 2k - Strix Strato Surfer - VAS Banshee - Sky Hunter Grey - Sky Hunter White - Skwalker 1900 - CTH Storm Chaser - CTH Albatross - Diamond 2500 - Super Sky Surfer - Phoenix 2000 - Fun Cub - Sonic 185 - Eflite ascent
    Wings: PopWing - Multiplex Xeno
    Multi-Copters: 400Q - Spanky - PE SS Mini H - GLB spider quad - ATG 750 - Tarot FY680 - V929 - Syma X5C

How about some pointy side-parts so you can stab the mount into the foam (on or under the wing) and fix it with some glue?

And also have some 10mm holes in the bottom to put some of those shockabsorbers in. Either a bottomplate to glue on your wing, or something to put it on a multirotor with those shockabsorbers in between.

Or some mount where the Mobius slides in, and you can fix your Vtx on top & a thingy to keep the antenna straight up?
    Last edited by Hans; 1st December 2013 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    How about some pointy side-parts so you can stab the mount into the foam (on or under the wing) and fix it with some glue?

And also have some 10mm holes in the bottom to put some of those shockabsorbers in. Either a bottomplate to glue on your wing, or something to put it on a multirotor with those shockabsorbers in between.

Or some mount where the Mobius slides in, and you can fix your Vtx on top & a thingy to keep the antenna straight up?
    Ok, I can do a fixed mount, using the mobius tripod mount, for example and then holes on top to fit the rubber "thingies".
    I am going to need very precise measurements of the cam itself, probably best if I just buy one so I can make a mount for it.
    I will also buy some of those rubber things, (they also come inside cd/dvd burners and players)

I like the idea of having mounting options, so I could definitely design 2 pieces of birch wood pointy "blades" to perforate the edge of a wing or Zephyr type.
    But why are you saying " on the sides", you mean in order to fit it inside the opening of the zephyr?, wouldn't the 2 sharp stab-mounts need to be on the bottom, or top?
    Last edited by Kondor-FPV; 1st December 2013 at 05:03 PM.

Ah, i see what you mean by Zephyr-type. What i ment was under the wing like a weapon pod

But for a Zephyr, stabbingpoints on the backplate would be better The Mobius Shank

Navigator
    I would like to have a mount that would hold both an FPV cam like a rmrc 600tvl and a Mobious on a pan and tilt mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Ah, i see what you mean by Zephyr-type. What i ment was under the wing like a weapon pod

But for a Zephyr, stabbingpoints on the backplate would be better The Mobius Shank
    That can be done easily, I can cut some tab-slot provision to the back, top or bottom and have the birch ply stabs-mounts for a vertical mount under the wing, or pointing towards the back, or simply make 3-4 versions.

The Pan-Tilt version plus the fpv camera on the side would also be very handy.
    Please guys, if you can provide exact dimensions for the mobius, I will leave just a few millimeters of clearance on the sides, I will leave more vertically so the shock absorbers can be used.

Willyspu; this is the camera, right?
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=582

it's 30mmx30mm, so I can make the second bay 40mm for compatibility with slightly larger cams.

I was thinking that the birch ply sprayed with black plasti dip would look awsome.

Ebay has the size description as being 61mm (L) x 35mm (W) x18mm (H)
    can you confirm this, and also what is the diameter of the front lense assembly?
    Last edited by Kondor-FPV; 2nd December 2013 at 08:54 AM.

If these dimensions are correct ,
    with these perfect 3-view pictures, I can perfectly design all the components of the box.

also: if the compartment is made perfectly for the mobius with the holes for access to the top buttons and an opening for the front lens, then of course the only way to mount the camera would be with a bit of double sided tape on the bottom of it. Then I can make a separate top plate to allow mounting of the whole box with shock absorbers to the bottom of a multi-rotor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobius_Camera-Nr-A.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	36153  
    Last edited by Kondor-FPV; 2nd December 2013 at 09:06 AM.

The first pictures of the basic mount are in...
    Let me know what you like or dislike about this one. Then I will make different variations, pan/tilt and with fpv cam bay on the side of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobius1.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	36215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobius2.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	36216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobius3.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	36217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobius4.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	36218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobius5.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	36219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobius6.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	36220  

Navigator
    How about a case for the PZ0420 on a pan/tilt and space for the mobius camera on its extensioncable just below the PZ? I plan on putting the Mobius in the hull. With the extensioncable on the pan/tilt for the PZ would be great.
    Ow, and maybe a bit more aerodynamic form.