Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RMRC FPV1000 DVR: $114.99 of junk?

Used the 32gb Sandisk 10 class on medium quality and high resolution. 30fps. Started it after turning on EVERYTHING else and stopped it before I disconnected anything. Seemed to work. No lockups. The video quality is pretty much terrible on medium, I have to say. Gonna try high tomorrow and the same start-up / shut-down sequence and see what it does.

I take that back. I still had 1 lockup.

I'm using this card:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...G&Q=&A=details

Works well although I do have the occasional lockup. One thing I noticed is that the DVR locks less when starting the recording by moving the slider on the DVR as opposed to hitting the record button on the remote.

Rich
    NEFPV^
    NEFPV pilot map:
    mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zcJ3s9L-jW8I.k91xo83hJuPA

V1, Rotate...
    Just wanted to mirror a thought I had at another forum:

Would love to have firmware available that records 8500Kb/s on high and the more stable rate of 7000Kb/s on medium setting.

And make the firmware user loadable.

Would buy it in a heartbeat!
    What say you, RMRC?

Same problem here, it locks up everytime during the middle of flight. I've brought the best SD cards, changed settings, etc. still locks up.
    FPV Rides: Bixler2, Penguin, TBS Caipirinha, TBS Pro Disco, TBS Disco, Cinetank, DJI Phantom, 8X Wing.

I recently bought a FPV1000 DVR. I'm using it with a Transcend 32GB class 10 UHS card, no lockups so far on the 7000kb/s setting. I did a quite extensive test where I repeatedly powered on/off the VTX for 30s intervals and it never locked up.

Could the lockups be a brownout issue when the battery is low? In my ground station, the DVR is always connected to power via the charging input, so this wouldn't be an issue for me..

Quote Originally Posted by HeliShredder View Post
    I recently bought a FPV1000 DVR. I'm using it with a Transcend 32GB class 10 UHS card, no lockups so far on the 7000kb/s setting. I did a quite extensive test where I repeatedly powered on/off the VTX for 30s intervals and it never locked up.

Could the lockups be a brownout issue when the battery is low? In my ground station, the DVR is always connected to power via the charging input, so this wouldn't be an issue for me..
    I use the same card and after 1-2 years of abuse, not one lockup.

Navigator
    Hey guys,

Just a reminder...if yours is locking up, let us know and we'll swap it out for you. They shouldn't be, and barring a problem with the SD card which needs to be ruled out first, it's basically the equivalent of a computer being overclocked. Some hardware handles the "overclocking" just fine, but sometimes units will get errors. We've had a few more reports than usual of locking up recently, and we are discussing this with our manufacturer. Reducing the bitrate slightly might help, but I want them to fix the problem at the source.

Regarding user upgradable firmware, the problem is that we are spending a lot of resources working with the manufacturer to get these things worked out. Once we let our firmware files go "in the wild", people that bought DVR's from competitors who don't spend this time trying to work through things like this can get a "free upgrade" to the RMRC firmware, which we'd like to avoid. We'll upgrade the firmware for folks if you send it in to us, using this to cover the return postage:
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1267
    But that said, there hasn't been a change in firmware for quite a while.
    We can look in to making "medium" something in between what it is now and the "high" rate, but my real goal is to make sure everyone can record on "high quality" without worrying about lockups.

V1, Rotate...
    Sounds good. I can live with 7000Kb/s as long as it is solid with no lock-ups. I'll go with that Transcend card HeliShredder mentioned.

Navigator
    For those have have a DVR1000 from RMRC, is the video quality better than using an EasyCap and recording on a laptop?