www.immersionrc.com

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: EZUHF 2w

Forum Member
    The silk sreen coming off of the 2 watt was advertised.

Forum Member
    So this is an extended feature... if you wish to go stealth

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin4740 View Post
    What sort of range should I expect to get with this? I've been using the JR Module with both a diamond and stock antenna with the 4 channel receiver and a VAS - 433MHz UHF Coil Loaded Dipole. Am seeing lockouts, low RSSI/LQ at around 4000'.

With the aircraft the system is in (Strix Goblin) there's very little time to react to a change in RSSI with it scooting along at 80mph... Have had to pick it out of the sagebrush (literally) twice now and am just about at the end of my patience with the control issues...
    The stock antenna is junk. On the tx use a dipole (not coil-loaded), or a moxon. Moxon is the best because it's directional. Diamond is reported to be good too but I've never tried. On the rx a regular dipole is the best you can have but coil-loaded works too.

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Forum Member
    I know this thread is a bit dead and im writing this in 2018 but i really have a problem with my 2 watt ezuhf..this is my first uhf and im kinda disappointed.

im having range problem with my 2W Transmitter .and i want to do this repair.should i just send it back to anti gravity sports? or do this repair? if i do this repair, will it void the warranty?... i bought mine last november 30 2017 and the packaged arrived last december 15,2017... i just noticed that my plane will activate failsafe at about 100meters( good thing im not flying it) RSSI LINK drops to zero.im even using diamond antenna and halfwave dipole on the receiver.. i dont even know which one has the problem, is it the receiver or the transmitter...omg..please help!

Radio Setup
    9XR
    EzUHF 2W Transmitter with Diamond Antenna( 1.53, Extreme Hopping)
    Ezuhf 4ch Lite with homemade dipole antenna (1.53, Extreme Hopping)

This is the repair

Im pretty sure my platform is not that RF Noisy that can affect the UHF that much

APM 2.6
    1200kv Motor
    Hobbywing 50A ESC
    5.,8ghz FPV with Runcam HD

I even tried to power the Receiver with USB from PC and switched on my TX... I tried to cover my Transmitter with pillow which is approx 2 meter away from the receiver. the RX Light blinks fast which means loss connection...how is that? Did i got a lemon unit?

Forum Member
    So you mention you're pretty sure you don't have a noisy platform.... I am assuming you mean that you scanned the various stages of your airframe with differing power status to determine this... did you also do scans with the TX at varying distances and power levels to see what levels it shows up on the scans?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    So you mention you're pretty sure you don't have a noisy platform.... I am assuming you mean that you scanned the various stages of your airframe with differing power status to determine this... did you also do scans with the TX at varying distances and power levels to see what levels it shows up on the scans?
    What makes me assumed that i don't have a noisy platform is that even when I turn on my transmitter and just powering the receiver with the USB from my PC, i still loss signal like when everything is powered on in the aircraft (same distance from rx to tx)

Forum Member
    Can you post your spectrum scans please?

Forum Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spectrum Analyzer( rx on via usb tx off components off).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	365.4 KB 
ID:	77953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spectrum Analyzer( rx on via usb tx off components ON).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	373.0 KB 
ID:	77954

This is the spectrum scans

The first image is RX is powered via usb from computer, transmitter off, all components on my aircraft off..
    Second image, rx powered via usb(not connected on APM), tx off, all componen

Quote Originally Posted by ImmersionRC Support View Post
    Can you post your spectrum scans please?

Forum Member
    I really think i have an hardware issue in my ezuhf transmitter/receiver. I took my Receiver and transmitter outside the house, powered my receiver through usb cable using a powerbank(5v).. Walked up to 10 meters, and the receiver's LED Blinks fast which means poor link quality from Transmitter. This problem is killing the excitement of going long range..ughhhh

Forum Member
    The second scan isn't all that great but it should get you up in the air. If you think your gear is broken you should return it to the retailer and have him send it in for warranty.