Click Here To Visit REALFpv!!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ADS 400Q-X FPV Quadcopter Frame

Thanks guys. I flew stock PIDs with this Naze32 on my Disco but I've brought them down for this 400Q-X. Current PID's on my Naze32 are as follows:

Roll: 2.0, 0.030, 30
    Pitch: 3.3, 0.030, 28

I strapped the GoPro down directly to the clean frame just now and did a quick LOS hover and its.. better. Still not ideal IMO. Kinda has these little jitters.. do you see it? Most of that flight is in Horizon mode since I suck at manual when LOS. However that's all I use when FPV of course

This is the video from just now shot in 720p 60FPS:

So.. ADS400Q-X
    Afro 30A ESC's
    Naze32 Acro Rev.5 (latest firmware available through baseflight configurator)
    HQProps 9x5 E-Props (Balanced)
    SunnySky X2216 1100KV
    -Chris
    www.youtube.com/user/criccio

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    If it all ends badly this time, I'm quitting FPV and RC and taking up golf.

Ended up going out tonight and got a few flights in to getting a better idea. So, the jello seems to be gone but it's.. vibrating. Try lower P?

What do you guys think.

-Chris

I had a similar result when I tried 60fps on my tricopter: on 30fps the problem was jello and with 60fps the video was vibrating just like yours.
    My ads400q-x is oscillating a bit with a P of 3.3 so maybe try a lower value here.
    Since the results are not too bad just add some weight directly beneath the gopro. This has improved my video significantly.

If you set the gopro to 1080p/medium are the 9'' props visible?

Quote Originally Posted by criccio View Post
    Ended up going out tonight and got a few flights in to getting a better idea. So, the jello seems to be gone but it's.. vibrating. Try lower P?

What do you guys think.

is this something you actually see in your goggles?or only after uploading video to youtube?i ask because i do not think youtube supports 60fps video and will down convert it to 30fps.
    Last edited by helizrnew2me; 10th March 2014 at 08:33 AM.
    i crashed my quad oh my god!!

It looks identical to the raw video straight out of the GoPro. The whole idea behind jello and video framerate doesn't matter for uploading, the sensor itself in the camera is recording fast enough so as to not see it. Once it's uploaded to Youtube it doesn't make a difference, the jello is gone regardless.

Anyway guys, thanks for the tips. Next time i'm at the field i'll play with dropping the Pitch gain and some weight under the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by schugabe View Post

If you set the gopro to 1080p/medium are the 9'' props visible?
    No, they're not. Unfortunately my Hero 2 doesn't do 1080p 60fps, only 720p 60fps. When in 720p, Wide is the only option annoyingly... Common complaint among HERO2 owners.
    Last edited by criccio; 10th March 2014 at 08:44 AM.
    -Chris

I tuned a smaller size quad this weekend with 9" props. It's harder to get it locked in than 8" for sure. I think TPA is the way to go in most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by schugabe View Post
    Since the results are not too bad just add some weight directly beneath the gopro. This has improved my video significantly.
    It really helps if you have a 90g Pixim Seawolf glued directly below the gopro plate. Landing gear I am having cut out will make this an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

Can't wait for that landing gear.
    -Chris

Until now I needed some weight under the gopro to get jello free footage. In some situations it was still visible.
    I suspected that the props were out of balance (HQ 8x4.5 carbon reinforced slow fly props). With my cheap balancer all seemed to be balanced so I finally bought a decent prop balancer. With the new balancer it was obvious that the hub was way off on all props. I fixed it with ca and took my ads 400q x for a test flight. The result justifies the effort! I had no extra weight under the gopro and had zero jello in the bright evening sun! Even during fast climbs the picture stayed perfect. I'm so happy right now

One note: the gemfan reinforced props are out of balance really bad. The hub is so far off that I gave up when I tried to balance it.

btw I use a gopro hero 2 with 1080p medium/30fps and tiger 2216 1100kv motors.

Gemfan has diminished its quality over the past year. It's why I don't sell their products any longer. I have a stash of the old 8x4.5 CF props that were manufactured very well, for personal use. The new ones are quite flaky and flimsy. I haven't tried any other props simply because I'm waiting to finish going through the stash of CF props.