Page 243 of 524 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 5238

Thread: Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

Some test flights in LOS mode (hoooope soon fpv gears).
    Qav250, Acronaze, Frsky telemetry stuff (D4R) and cheap zmr motors....
    This thing is so difficult to see when she goes away...but flies like an airplane.

Max
    Last edited by Pozzix; 6th May 2014 at 06:03 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by juz View Post
    Lowering P will hopefully help. As far as nylon props go, I think gemfan 5's props may give you better performance than HQ's. Also, be aware that different combos of motors/ESCs/props will require different tuning. So, even if my PIDs are a good starting point, you may still need to tweak the values for your machine.
    Interesting. You're the first person I've seen recommend the gemfans over the HQ's. I've always read people preferred the stiffer HQ's...similar to carbon. What did you like better about the gemfans?

Quote Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
    Interesting. You're the first person I've seen recommend the gemfans over the HQ's. I've always read people preferred the stiffer HQ's...similar to carbon. What did you like better about the gemfans?
    Thats probably because I have never used them. LOL. I was not recommending them over the HQs, I was just saying you may get better performance from the Gemfans. I know that HQ props have a stronger hub than the gemfans but they do provide less thrust. Thats why I have never tried them. I want as much thrust as I can get.

Having said that I am sure HQs are great. I lot of good pilots use them.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juz70

Navigator
    Im with Juz, I did bought some HQs to try them out, I think I preffer the performance out of the Gemfans, and they are also cheaper.

Some fast fun with uncalibrated gyros

Anyone looking to sell their BNF QAV250? I have a field research project in Maine coming up in a week and half and just discovered that what was an interior-accessible 7000 acres (via logging roads) is now park at roadside and go in on foot (spring-thaw culvert failure on main access road). Need something small and the QAV250 build that I recently started won't be ready in time. PM me. Thanks.

NE
    FPV^

Quote Originally Posted by CHARPU View Post
    Im with Juz, I did bought some HQs to try them out, I think I preffer the performance out of the Gemfans, and they are also cheaper.

Some fast fun with uncalibrated gyros
    I have used the Gemfans and the HQs on my 250 with CC3D and what I've noticed is that it's hard to compare props without making PID adjustments. Mine was set up for the softer Gemfans and it's noticeably rougher with the HQ props. I'd have to make adjustments to make a fair comparison, something that would be difficult to do to make a truly equal comparison.

I dunno why but I'd like to try HQs 5x4 props...some bench test has rated on 2300kv (ssx2204 but any 2300 should be the same) on 3s about 500gr of trust x motor...and seems that they are super rigid...

But of course, a subjective test is need just to verify...anyway combination of motors/props are personal like as the choice of ties on a dress (more or less).

Max

[Edit]
    ...I just found video too
    Last edited by Pozzix; 8th May 2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rotary65 View Post
    I have used the Gemfans and the HQs on my 250 with CC3D and what I've noticed is that it's hard to compare props without making PID adjustments. Mine was set up for the softer Gemfans and it's noticeably rougher with the HQ props. I'd have to make adjustments to make a fair comparison, something that would be difficult to do to make a truly equal comparison.
    What did you have to change on yours pids? Less p?

Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

Actually, I didn't adjust my PIDS, but did note that adjustment was definitely required.

I go through a bunch of props doing proximity flying and I had a bunch of HQs to burn through as I awaited an new order of 48 Gemfans. I could see the rougher, harsher response indicating more (or more efficient) thrust. It was fine for flying, but made for rougher video.

If the prop develops more thrust or does so more efficiently (ie. is stiffer) than the one it replaces, it follows that a lower P is required to get the same response. Then I and D need to be reduced accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by rotary65 View Post
    Actually, I didn't adjust my PIDS, but did note that adjustment was definitely required.

I go through a bunch of props doing proximity flying and I had a bunch of HQs to burn through as I awaited an new order of 48 Gemfans. I could see the rougher, harsher response indicating more (or more efficient) thrust. It was fine for flying, but made for rougher video.

If the prop develops more thrust or does so more efficiently (ie. is stiffer) than the one it replaces, it follows that a lower P is required to get the same response. Then I and D need to be reduced accordingly.
    I agree that you need to retune when you use different props. However, just because a props is stiffer does not mean it provides more thrust. It does mean that the machine will have different flight characteristics and feel different. Having said that, HQs may just provide more. Did they feel like they gave you more pop?

On my QAV400 I prefer soft APC slowfly props over stiff graupners. The slowflys provide a bunch more thrust. The rigid graupners require different settings and fly real nice but again, the punch that the APCs produce is way more exciting.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juz70