Page 212 of 524 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 5238

Thread: Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

Well just got back putting 2 4cells packs and 1 3cell through it. . . 3 cell cant do more than gentle laps and has zero hope for pulling out of a dive without a nice bounce.
    So much has changed (huge changes to the Naze32 Acro's PIDs), so much different (insane power, almost have to shut off throttle to get a descent), not all of it good sadly.

I did get some video from the HD cam but not downlink. Both flights were plagued with problems. Wobbly FC activity, Dragonlink giving me random failsafe dropouts, and at one time the sma's coax into the vtx vibrated out and detached forcing a blind landing.

I finally got to see the amp draws and im about 11A constant on 4cell telling me I need to replace the 20A esc's with 12A (but 4 cell capable) to save some weight. I was just not comfortable with the Amp dram of the 3cell setup on 12A escs..
    So I need to change the throttle curve substantially, to allow for a better descent, change the ESC's to something in the 12A range, and get dragonlink OFF that ship. I LOVE dragonlink, but for this platform is not recommended.
    Now I need to put my 9c back to the FHSS 2.4 Futaba module, and that means that Ill be moving away from 2.4 video (not good news for my wallet) to 1.3 video since 5.8 for me was not good for what im wanting.
    My 2.4 module for the 9c performed flawlessly 100% of the time. The receiver was light and compact so that will also save alot of weight at the end of it all. Turns out that my 4th version of the 250 is not the final. Looks like Its going to be torn back down as I get 1.3 setup.
    Also Id want to change out the Naze32 Acro to CC3D.

I think with those changes, Ill be closer to where I want to be.

. . . i would REALLY like to stay with 2.4 video though. TBS groundstation is just too perfect to abandon...
    72mhz or 50mhz? ... i just dont know.. since my Dragonlink's Rx is big, heavy, and seems to be affected by something on the 250 that it cant get away from..
    thoughts?
    Last edited by Dust; 1st April 2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Postal scale reads it a 27.8oz or 788g with everything
    Thanks Dust , I really like to try the 4S and APC 5x4.5 for more thrust since I am putting gopro on this quad, the weight difference for 3s and 4s is only around 35g , my current AUW with 3S battery is 517g and gopro 75g, bring the total AUW to around 627 , so it should be good with 4S

@Justin, great flying as always, with a nice ending too :-)

I'd say keep 2.4 and hunt down the issue with the dragonlink
    “Keep thy airspeed up, less the earth come from below and smite thee.”
    ― William Kershner

youtube.com/user/Monsoon1030

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai View Post
    I'd say keep 2.4 and hunt down the issue with the dragonlink
    I LOVE my 2.4 video setups. . . only glitch today was when the antenna wiggled itself unscrewed due to lack of locktite..
    A few things it *could* be ..
    >I am using a 1/4 wave mono pole. Its been in a number of crashes, but they are reputed to be very durable. I could find a way to mount the DiPole antennas DL usually comes with. Possibly that antenna is damaged in a way that I cannot see?
    >Ive heard that the TBS CORE can not play so nicely with UHF systems, but ive never seen it (until now?! i dunno) Maybe i should try to move the CORE to a different location?
    >Should I attempt to find and add some copper tape to act as RF shield and wrap the CORE with a few layers of that? or maybe put a layer or two in between the two?
    Ive been getting weird dropouts since i put in on, but they are usually very short lived. Hell, I could set my fail safe to have 1/3 throttle and id likely never even know, but thats not the point, not to mention a horrible idea. Somethings gotta change.
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    I LOVE my 2.4 video setups. . . only glitch today was when the antenna wiggled itself unscrewed due to lack of locktite..
    A few things it *could* be ..
    >I am using a 1/4 wave mono pole. Its been in a number of crashes, but they are reputed to be very durable. I could find a way to mount the DiPole antennas DL usually comes with. Possibly that antenna is damaged in a way that I cannot see?
    >Ive heard that the TBS CORE can not play so nicely with UHF systems, but ive never seen it (until now?! i dunno) Maybe i should try to move the CORE to a different location?
    >Should I attempt to find and add some copper tape to act as RF shield and wrap the CORE with a few layers of that? or maybe put a layer or two in between the two?
    Ive been getting weird dropouts since i put in on, but they are usually very short lived. Hell, I could set my fail safe to have 1/3 throttle and id likely never even know, but thats not the point, not to mention a horrible idea. Somethings gotta change.
    I've never had any issues with my DL but I made the switch to OpenLRS. I got the OrangeRX 1watt TX from HK for $30 and a Hawkeye 6ch RX for $39. That RX is tiny! Everything for much less than a new DL RX. Just about everyone in my group has moved from whatever UHF they were using to the OpenLRS stuff.

Which antenna are you using on the DL RX? The whisker from RMRC? And keep that Mobius far from the DL RX. It's noisy on 433.

Co-Pilot
    Tbs core is most likely killing your DL link. It is very noisy. Lots of threads here about it. Would be very hard on a mini like this to get it working well. Just use a cheap regulator and lc filter to power your fpv gear.

Quote Originally Posted by cabster101 View Post
    I've never had any issues with my DL but I made the switch to OpenLRS. I got the OrangeRX 1watt TX from HK for $30 and a Hawkeye 6ch RX for $39. That RX is tiny! Everything for much less than a new DL RX. Just about everyone in my group has moved from whatever UHF they were using to the OpenLRS stuff.

Which antenna are you using on the DL RX? The whisker from RMRC? And keep that Mobius far from the DL RX. It's noisy on 433.
    It is butted up against the mobius right now in an attempt to get spacing between the antenna of the vtx and the antenna of the DL rx.
    I did not know mobius was noisy for 433. good to know!! Ill re-arrange the stuff again and try a different placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmerly View Post
    Tbs core is most likely killing your DL link. It is very noisy. Lots of threads here about it. Would be very hard on a mini like this to get it working well. Just use a cheap regulator and lc filter to power your fpv gear.
    aww, i love the core pnp. Ill try to move it before i REmove it. however i do have that stuff but i dont want to quickly agree to losing my osd, current sensor, mic, and minimal wire spaghetti, but if i have to . . .
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by contract View Post
    That's awesome man. Are you using a CC3D? If so, would you mind sharing your FC settings and tx rate and expo? Thanks!

I have the RTF from GetFPV so I'm just wondering if I should increase stickscaling on the FC and expo on the tx. I currently fly with the CC3D settings that came with the RTF and 125% rates and 20% expo.
    Thanks Mate
    Yes, I use a CC3D.
    My PIDs would be very similar to the ones loaded in your ready to fly bird.

I use 40% expo in my tx for roll and pitch.
    Dual rates should be left as stock (100%) in your tx.
    If you find the machine too responsive at full stick, then just dial down your full stick rates in your Openpilot GCS.

Hope that helps.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juz70

To prevent unscrewing of antennas i did this. On my SMA:s i use a bit of heatshrink that covers both the sma (all of it) on the antenna and sma mount on the Rx. It keeps it from unscrewing and easy to remove if need to replace antenna. I did the same on the vtx extensioncable. Seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by cabster101 View Post
    Nice flying juz, I feel like I just watched a Lumenier commercial. Wait... I guess I did.
    thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by STI-REX View Post
    Very nice Juz as always
    cheers fella =]

Quote Originally Posted by soto48 View Post

@Justin, great flying as always, with a nice ending too :-)
    Thx Soto...The ending was planned, but I ended up just a bit closer than I would have liked. LOL.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juz70