Page 102 of 524 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5238

Thread: Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

I have a KK 2.0 board for my QAV250 that I should receive tomorrow. (Smart post is too slow). Should I buy a CC3D ?

Ah nice update on the V2. Those are important updates. My RCX motors don't mount well on the V1 unfortunately. Should've waited to get this version
    VIMEO : vimeo.com/bayareacrasher

Ahh nice upgrade Tim, love the idea of the motor bumper, so what's the total weight now compare to v1, is it heavier?

Quote Originally Posted by soto48 View Post
    Ahh nice upgrade Tim, love the idea of the motor bumper, so what's the total weight now compare to v1, is it heavier?
    With the added "bumpers" and thicker motor mounting plate it did add a little weight, but it felt like a good trade-off for a more durable air-frame. The main frame plate is 16 grams more than the V1.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Harris View Post
    Of course!

Here is the mindset I have, and the programming I am using.. Please let me know if this helps you!

First, in my radio I have my three pos. switch set for flight modes (1,2 and 3). Also, I have the programming set so I can set independant DR & EXPO for each flight mode (important).

Mindset = I want a soft easy mode for take off, and landing. Not too touchy.. Then, when I am in the air, I either want to fly crazy and do flips, rolls, etc.. or.. I maybe want to try and fly slower, or in a more confined area.. and am looking for a bit more "Naza like" feel to it (if that makes sense to you).

Here is what I did:

POS 1 (ATTI MODE) = DR = 50% and EXPO = +70% - This is the mode where I will take off and land. I have restricted half of the travel.. and added in a very aggressive expo to aid in bringing it down.. and helps if the nerves kick in. LOL.

POS 2 (ATTI MODE) = DR = 60% and EXPO = +60% - This gave me great results today for my testing.. and was a good flying transistion from the Naza. As I improve, I will most likely ramp it back a bit.. but, for now it is great! (for me).

POS 3 (RATE MODE) = DR = 42% and EXPO = +75% - This was about like above.. but, I could do flips.. and had a more agile acting machine for cornering etc.. again, this is where I would change first, to gain more performance for aerobatics, etc..

* Rudder / YAW is all 100% / LIN for all modes.

EDIT - I will tell you that.. without the right settings for your personal taste above.. the CC3D would be very hard to fly. I would never be able to do it! LOL.. so, this does make a night and day difference to your experience. I just kinda knew from months ago about where I needed to start.. and after 2 packs, I had it to my liking.
    Thanks man. I can feel the difference already in my quick living room test. Much less like I am on a skating rink. I still am overcompensating throttle (resulting in altitude up..down..up...down) and wish I had altitude hold, but definitely getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_GetFPV View Post
    With the added "bumpers" and thicker motor mounting plate it did add a little weight, but it felt like a good trade-off for a more durable air-frame. The main frame plate is 16 grams more than the V1.
    Deff worth the trade off 16grams is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Harris View Post
    Of course!

Here is what I did:

POS 1 (ATTI MODE) = DR = 50% and EXPO = +70% - This is the mode where I will take off and land. I have restricted half of the travel.. and added in a very aggressive expo to aid in bringing it down.. and helps if the nerves kick in. LOL.

POS 2 (ATTI MODE) = DR = 60% and EXPO = +60% - This gave me great results today for my testing.. and was a good flying transistion from the Naza. As I improve, I will most likely ramp it back a bit.. but, for now it is great! (for me).

POS 3 (RATE MODE) = DR = 42% and EXPO = +75% - This was about like above.. but, I could do flips.. and had a more agile acting machine for cornering etc.. again, this is where I would change first, to gain more performance for aerobatics, etc..

* Rudder / YAW is all 100% / LIN for all modes.

EDIT - I will tell you that.. without the right settings for your personal taste above.. the CC3D would be very hard to fly. I would never be able to do it! LOL.. so, this does make a night and day difference to your experience. I just kinda knew from months ago about where I needed to start.. and after 2 packs, I had it to my liking.
    Hey Travis
    Good to see you experimenting with radio setting etc.

Just something to note with coptercontrol, CC3D and revo.

While expo is often programmed into transmitter to soften reaction near mid stick, DR is not needed. Instead, you can adjust the responsiveness (how agressively your machine will fly) by adjusting your stick range and limits in the OpenPilot GCS. So, instead of adding in DR in your radio, you can adjust the Full stick angle or rate to suit your taste. In your case, just decrease the Lumenier settings until your happy.

FWIW, I have my full stick rate set at 520 for pitch and roll and have 40% expo set in my radio. Super fast when I want it to be but nice and cruisey around mid stick.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

juz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juz70

Quote Originally Posted by ducatimoto View Post
    nice flips….and between the vines!

what was the damage?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juz70

Only 2 props...

I'm glad to see that they updated the frame arms. The milled motor surfaces on the V1 were a very bad idea. I am a composite engineer and when I make delamination test samples, they basically look like V1 QAV250 arms. In the lab, when testing a composite to failure, we make a sample set of 4" long x 1" wide strips of the composite, mill away 50% of one side, then introduce a force to the thinner side until it splits. So basically you can imagine it's like pushing up one of the motor mounts (also the direction of thrust). Just like my delamination samples, it's like it's designed to fail.

The V2 is an improvement... though in general, it's a bad idea to mill part-way into any structural composite. Unless it's a fully supported, 100% through-cut, then delamination is eminent. It seems like the designer of this frame, probably does more work with aluminum than composites. That said, this looks like a very good design and a very capable frame. Just try not to crash motor mount first.