Page 100 of 524 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5238

Thread: Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Harris View Post
    had to dial in a lot of D/R and EXPO to get the controls to my personal liking.. but, hey.. thats what computer radios are for! It's all personal preference.. and boy oh boy.. once I got it where I liked.. it was just bliss.
    I'm also coming from primarily Naza (4 of them) and have some experience with kk, multiwii, etc, but have anything but "locked in" feeling on my 250 with CC3D. I'm determined to figure it out though. I know it's a personal preference thing, but I'd be curious to know your DR and Expo details that give you the confidence that you have.

but I'd be curious to know your DR and Expo details that give you the confidence that you have.
    Of course!

Here is the mindset I have, and the programming I am using.. Please let me know if this helps you!

First, in my radio I have my three pos. switch set for flight modes (1,2 and 3). Also, I have the programming set so I can set independant DR & EXPO for each flight mode (important).

Mindset = I want a soft easy mode for take off, and landing. Not too touchy.. Then, when I am in the air, I either want to fly crazy and do flips, rolls, etc.. or.. I maybe want to try and fly slower, or in a more confined area.. and am looking for a bit more "Naza like" feel to it (if that makes sense to you).

Here is what I did:

POS 1 (ATTI MODE) = DR = 50% and EXPO = +70% - This is the mode where I will take off and land. I have restricted half of the travel.. and added in a very aggressive expo to aid in bringing it down.. and helps if the nerves kick in. LOL.

POS 2 (ATTI MODE) = DR = 60% and EXPO = +60% - This gave me great results today for my testing.. and was a good flying transistion from the Naza. As I improve, I will most likely ramp it back a bit.. but, for now it is great! (for me).

POS 3 (RATE MODE) = DR = 42% and EXPO = +75% - This was about like above.. but, I could do flips.. and had a more agile acting machine for cornering etc.. again, this is where I would change first, to gain more performance for aerobatics, etc..

* Rudder / YAW is all 100% / LIN for all modes.

EDIT - I will tell you that.. without the right settings for your personal taste above.. the CC3D would be very hard to fly. I would never be able to do it! LOL.. so, this does make a night and day difference to your experience. I just kinda knew from months ago about where I needed to start.. and after 2 packs, I had it to my liking.
    Last edited by Travis Harris; 29th January 2014 at 03:23 PM.

Get a mobius already and put some videos together...
    Just ordered on Prime! Will be here in two days! I'll have to start a dedicated YouTube channel for this little guy!

Banned

Cool

+1!

Guys, I have not been this happy since I first flew FPV quads a year ago! Let me explain…

So damn mother.. F'en.. SSSIIIICCCCKKKKK I just bought another 8 packs so I can stay out longer!

Talk about locked in, and feeling like your in the cockpit of an F-16 Fighter Jet!

Perfect
    This is exactly how I feel right now! I've been through surface R/C, planks and the most expensive--3D helis (3 Goblins, Mikado Logo Xxtreme, Align DFCs and tons of Blade BNF helis!) Just so you have an idea of how much i spent-- i can piro flip, tic toc and do circuits in every orientation. . But its soooooooo expensive to crash a 3D heli!! Not to mention if you strike anything or anybody its certain death --one servo or any electronic fails --that heli is not controllable! ! All that was fun and a rush, but nothing compares to the fun and excitement I've been having with this QAV250.

I now feel like I can enjoy the hobby worry free. At one point in my RC path, specifically during my 3D heli learning curve, I was considering quitting the hobby cause I simply couldn't afford it (or justify the thousands of spending with my wife) the way I wanted to afford it.

Now, I'm flying. Literally immersed like an eagle. I can crash the crap out it not have to worry about spending $300+ which is a certain thing when you fly 3D. Ill admit, I've gotten lucky and minimized damage, but those 3D helis are a PITA to crash. Plus, rebuilding isn't as easy as a multi, IMO.

So, point is I've never been happier or more satisfied with anything RC than I have been recently with the QAV250.

Call it love!
    Last edited by Canelo; 29th January 2014 at 04:30 PM.

This is exactly how I feel right now! I've been through surface R/C, planks and the most expensive--3D helis (3 Goblins, Mikado Logo Xxtreme, Align DFCs and tons of Blade BNF helis!) Just so you have an idea of how much i spent-- i can piro flip, tic toc and do circuits in every orientation. . But its soooooooo expensive to crash a 3D heli!! Not to mention if you strike anything or anybody its certain death --one servo or any electronic fails --that heli is not controllable! ! All that was fun and a rush, but nothing compares to the fun and excitement I've been having with this QAV250.

I now feel like I can enjoy the hobby worry free. At one point in my RC path, specifically during my 3D heli learning curve, I was considering quitting the hobby cause I simply couldn't afford it (or justify the thousands of spending with my wife) the way I wanted to afford it.

Now, I'm flying. Literally immersed like an eagle. I can crash the crap out it not have to worry about spending $300+ which is a certain thing when you fly 3D. Ill admit, I've gotten lucky and minimized damage, but those 3D helis are a PITA to crash. Plus, rebuilding isn't as easy as a multi, IMO.

So, point is I've never been happier or more satisfied with anything RC than I have been recently with the QAV250.

Call it love!
    +1 I used to fly Mikado's as well. I flew a Logo-10 Carbon.. Logo-20, and a Bionic (this was back in 2006, before FPV was mainstream..LOL). Then, I had a Maxi Joker 2, for aerial photography.. talk about investment. I know.. and it's so true.. this stuff is so much more fun, and affordable when compared to the now dinosaurs of the near past.

Banned
    +1 I used to fly Mikado's as well. I flew a Logo-10 Carbon.. Logo-20, and a Bionic (this was back in 2006, before FPV was mainstream..LOL). Then, I had a Maxi Joker 2, for aerial photography.. talk about investment. I know.. and it's so true.. this stuff is so much more fun, and affordable when compared to the now dinosaurs of the near past.
    Never got to fly that generation of Mikados, but saw a couple at the field before... nice and floaty machines, great for smooth 3D. (I still have heartfelt feelings for helis)

The only worry I now have is the stock level on getfpv.com
    Last edited by Canelo; 29th January 2014 at 04:39 PM.

The only worry I now have is the stock level on getfpv.com
    +1 Spoken like a true drug addict! I know what you mean.. LOL.

Updated Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quad Frame

Today we are releasing an updated version of the QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter Airframe. After reports of some QAV250 arms delaminating at the tip of the arms, we revised the Unibody frame plate to strengthen it. We also updated the flight controller cover plate in this V2 of the QAV250 which goes on sale today.

Updates include:

1.) Stronger arm ends of the Unibody
    2.) Bumpers at the arm ends to help prevent motor damage
    3.) Ability to mount larger motors requiring M3 screws (like Lumenier FX-2206) as well as smaller motors using M2 mounting screws (like RCX motors). Certain motors like the MN-1806 will fit 2 screws natively with 2 screw holes requiring slight widening of the motor mount holes.
    4.) Updated flight controller cover that now includes SMA mounting holes for both SMA antenna extension cables as well as antennas that are directly connected to Video Transmitters.

Both the new Unibody as well as the updated Flight Controller Cover Plate will be available as spare parts for those that would like to upgrade or need replacements.

Looks nice! My 250 is still in the box at home waiting for me to get to it -- any chance to buy the v2 unibody piece?

EDIT: nevermind! http://www.getfpv.com/multi-rotor-fr...ame-plate.html
    Shut up and fly.