Page 97 of 524 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryhza View Post
    Tim, are the CC3D's still due in stock on 30th ? i plan to buy another one for another project im building
    Unfortunately due to Chinese New Year, the factory is shut down for a few weeks and will delay the shipment. They should be in early February.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryhza View Post
    i use 5v 600tvl cam so ive never had this problem even running battery right down
    Yeah, I miss my heavy RMRC cam... went down to 5V and was powered directly off my ImmersionRC 5.8ghz 600mw vtx

OMG.. THIS QUAD IS SO MUCH FUN!

I dialed in some new gains in the Naza.. and I got rid of all the weird issues I was having, and have a much better lock on faster flight now. WOW! I do have some shuddering on full power climbs, or fast, fast yank turns.. but, I think if I feather the gains down a hair, I maybe good to go. (if I keep the Naza on there..).

I did realize that for the CC3D, I will need at least one power wire (BEC) from an ESC to power it.. and of course, I cut all mine as the Naza does not need them :-( So, I may just build a dedicated CC3D machine (yes I love it that much).. and I already have two brand new CC3D boards here waiting to be installed.

Tim, just ordered a ton of blades and some protected 5.8 antennas.. LOL.

WOW.. so much fun, it's like flying a fast RC car, just a few feet off the ground weaving through tees, taking turns.. following paths.. and because of the small size, it means I can fly this ANYWHERE.. and not have to worry about anything.

Navigator
    Great to hear, don't forget to share your new settings with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Harris View Post
    OMG.. THIS QUAD IS SO MUCH FUN!

I dialed in some new gains in the Naza.. and I got rid of all the weird issues I was having, and have a much better lock on faster flight now. WOW! I do have some shuddering on full power climbs, or fast, fast yank turns.. but, I think if I feather the gains down a hair, I maybe good to go. (if I keep the Naza on there..).

I did realize that for the CC3D, I will need at least one power wire (BEC) from an ESC to power it.. and of course, I cut all mine as the Naza does not need them :-( So, I may just build a dedicated CC3D machine (yes I love it that much).. and I already have two brand new CC3D boards here waiting to be installed.

Tim, just ordered a ton of blades and some protected 5.8 antennas.. LOL.

WOW.. so much fun, it's like flying a fast RC car, just a few feet off the ground weaving through tees, taking turns.. following paths.. and because of the small size, it means I can fly this ANYWHERE.. and not have to worry about anything.
    Ha Ha, it is a ton of fun, isn't it! Glad you like it!

Thanks for your blades order. I must have gone through 50+ blades by now. While I tried all known 5x3 props known to man, my favorite is still the GemFan 5x3 plastic prop. I now use all yellow props, which is the only prop color combination that makes sense -- all other color combos are vastly inferior and clearly only noobs would use props that are not yellow (this is -- obviously -- a joke and a pointer that we should not take ourselves as seriously as we do sometimes). Happy flying!

Great to hear, don't forget to share your new settings with your friends.
    Thanks! Of course.. I am rolling with this for now..

BASIC: 80,80,90,90
    ATTI: 85,85.

I am going to lower the pitch and roll, and do this on the next flight:

BASIC: 75,75,85,85
    ATTI: 80,80

Thanks for your blades order. I must have gone through 50+ blades by now. While I tried all known 5x3 props known to man, my favorite is still the GemFan 5x3 plastic prop. I now use all yellow props, which is the only prop color combination that makes sense -- all other color combos are vastly inferior and clearly only noobs would use props that are not yellow (this is -- obviously -- a joke and a pointer that we should not take ourselves as seriously as we do sometimes). Happy flying!
    LOL, I ordered red, white, and black!

Thanks so much Tim! Once again you have managed to fuel my drug addition, and take money away from me. Keep it up!!

Here are our CC3D settings for those of you who are flying the QAV250 with CC3D. They are based off of Juz's settings and tweaked a little. They seem to perform pretty well for us, hope this can help those of you looking for a good starting point. We also added just a little GyroTau on the Expert tab .012 currently. (The Rate mode response and Max rate attitude are both set high to enable quick flips (top section in the screen shot). Lower these values if you're wanting it to be less sensitive.)

Last edited by Andy_GetFPV; 1st March 2014 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks so much Andy! What version of CC3D are you guys running? I have been out of it since May..

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Harris View Post
    Thanks so much Andy! What version of CC3D are you guys running? I have been out of it since May..
    We're running the latest versions of the GCS software.
    http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/BU...ware+Downloads

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_GetFPV View Post
    Here are our CC3D settings for those of you who are flying the QAV250 with CC3D. They are based off of Juz's settings and tweaked a little. They seem to perform pretty well for us, hope this can help those of you looking for a good starting point. We also added just a little GyroTau on the Expert tab .012 currently.

Oh so you guys tweaked it a bit from juz's settings? What about Tim's settings? I guess those were PID settings "version 1.0"... And now these are some redefined settings?

Can you please confirm this as I'm still flyin with Tim's settings (which aren't bad, but I do feel they can be tweaked a bit more)...

Thanks