Page 88 of 524 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

man thats bright Dust wont loose it in a hurry haha here's a flight i did today

Great Ryhza!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryhza View Post
    Travis, comparing a naza to a cc3d is a simple choice.... one is miles ahead of the other out performs it in every way, and other is for noobs...it Should have been simple choice for you but you chose the...
    I must be a noob then as I like the Naza , it has it's place and purpose . I also love the cc, kk ,Revo , apm, naze which are all great

Quote Originally Posted by wiggysk View Post
    I must be a noob then as I like the Naza , it has it's place and purpose . I also love the cc, kk ,Revo , apm, naze which are all great
    any vids with your mini and the naza

My last fly before the frame cracked.

naza lite setting for QAV250

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Harris View Post
    +1. Thanks Tim! :-)

No worries. I understand what you mean, and I talked about this a few pages ago. You may not know it.. but, I have as much or more experience with all this as anyone else on here. Having built over 9 quads, flight tested 7 different gimbals, and personally contributed a large percentage of my annual earnings to this drug addition we call FPV.. I could write a book on both flight controllers, and they are both great for different things. I own three CC3D boards, and several Naza units across many quads I have built this past year. If you search my Vimeo channel, you will find some pretty impressive footage from a "noob" controller ;-)

At any rate.. I am having a great time with the 250, and today my ThunderPower 1350 packs came in! They are great, and fit perfect! I had great luck with the Naza.. and it's really cool flying it very slow with GPS into some very tricky places. Atti, and Manual mode are great too. I personally found Atti mode best.. and I think this is because I still need to work on the CG, as in manual mode (tells all), it was very tail heavy.. this was then confirmed on the ground. I have now added apx. 33.6g of weight ($1.50 in quarters) to the front. Ironically, the Mobius camera weighs apx. 39g.. so this all makes sense to me as I am not using it.. By keeping the FC centered, and using the 1300mah packs.. you need the weight of the camera to balance it out.. if you fly with the HD camera off.. then I will need to replace with counter weight, or completely re shift all the parts. Tomorrow will confirm this, but I am dead sure this is what made my flights a little "teeder-tooder", even in atti mode.. add in a little wind, and it made for a lack luster experience, when I know it can be so much better.

The nice thing actually about the Naza.. is that I can mount it anywhere on the frame, it does not need to be centered.. and this would actually allow more flexibility with mounting the battery, and even perhaps use a larger pack for longer flights. I may or may not do this.. as I kinda like how I have it, and I doubt the 33g are going to effect the flight time anything noticeable, but time will tell.

Excited for tomorrow's tests.. I will report more soon!

Oh, I will add.. it was SO COOL sitting in my SUV, and buzzing around the field in front of me. The little bugs were out tonight.. and rather then having to stand there and deal with it.. I just threw the quad in GPS for a second.. jumped in the car.. and then resumed the flight. I was really impressed. I also did a RTH test, and it worked perfect. Landed right at my feet, just like my big quads. Unreal.

EDIT - I forgot.. I wanted to share my Naza gains, as I know others were asking me.. and PM'ing me. I was 60% on the basic gain for pitch, roll, and Vert. I was 100% on Yaw. I used 50% for Atti gains, both Pitch and Roll. On manual mode however, there is no throttle governer (controlled in the tx).. and I noticed A LOT of horrible vibrations on a full power climb.. this means, I will need to lower the basic gains a lot more. I may need to try 40's in the pitch and roll.. and OR that for the vertical. I may try to turn down JUST the vert first.. and see how that does. Laptop will come with me tomorrow to the field.
    These work on mine. probly wont hurt to try.

gain:80-70-100-100 atti:120-120

got them from another forum. seemed crazy considering how different mine were.
    but the quad is reactive and smooth as the naza should be. will keep.
    Last edited by rudygon; 26th January 2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: adding bold letters

Thanks for sharing the gains you tried. The issue with higher gains like that in smaller quads like the 250, is when you want to fly more aggressive and use manual mode for flips / faster flying. This is what I am tuning for, and requires gains in the 40's. Maybe even lower depending on what I see in the field today.

80's, 100's and above is great for locked in slow flying in only gps or atti mode. The trick is to find a compromise where you can deal with the lower gains in the assisted mode so that when you switch to manual mode you quad is able to handle that too.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryhza View Post
    any vids with your mini and the naza
    Got a cc on my 250

any vids then?