Page 13 of 524 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

Hi guys,

If I ordered today, will my QAV250 possibly be here before Xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
    Hi guys,

If I ordered today, will my QAV250 possibly be here before Xmas?
    That is currently still the plan -- we are planning to ship them on December 20th. There is currently no reason why we should miss that date, but since we do not have all the parts in-house yet there is still a risk in case a delivery does not get here when we expect it to.

I was also looking into stuff from HK, specifically E-OSD. It is as basic as it could get, only voltage and timer. Very light and cheap. But I wanted mAh/current also. I'll have to look into G-OSD too.

Let me know how that G-OSD3 GPS unit goes.

Quote Originally Posted by supergimp View Post
    I've been experimenting with some of the cheapo OSD's on my QAV400. There are basically two things I want: Direction home and voltage. I tried the HK GPS-OSD for awhile with the intent of installing CL-OSD on it to get the arrow home, but an unfortunate soldering accident rendered one FDTI pad inoperable. That would be a cheap solution at about 25 bucks. super light, too. I'm now using the HK G-OSD3 on my '400 and, while the interface is pretty Neanderthal, it gives the required information. Super small and light with a small GPS module as well. I plan to try the G-OSD3 GPS unit on the GPS-OSD as that would be the smallest, lightest option for the 250.

....but now I just need my frame!!!!

....waiting patiently....

Quote Originally Posted by rclogger View Post
    I was also looking into stuff from HK, specifically E-OSD. It is as basic as it could get, only voltage and timer. Very light and cheap. But I wanted mAh/current also. I'll have to look into G-OSD too.

Let me know how that G-OSD3 GPS unit goes.
    So far, so good. I don't have the current sensor, and don't easily find it on HK, but many seem to be using one from RCTimer. Only a couple of issues I could foresee. You will need to calibrate the current sensor (as you do voltage as well) so you will need something to accurately measure current (a little less common than using a LiPo balance meter or multimeter to check voltage - which also needs to be calibrated in the OSD menus). Also, whereas a voltage meter is a parallel device, a current sensor is a series device. Therefore if you lose the current sensor down you come. I'm not sure I want to trust my entire aircraft to a cheapo current sensor.

The only other thing to consider is that it is simple white text. It can get a little hard to see against a white sky. Outlined text would have been nice, but the way this overlay works it's probably outside of its pay grade.

It also took me awhile to get used to the RTH "indicator". Basically you have a crosshairs in the center of the screen, and the letter "B" moves around the display indicating the direction (and I think relative distance - not sure about that) of "Base" (?).

Goofy, but functional. It's no EZOSD which I have on my QAV500, but it's super small and light and I find it satisfactory for the money.

Awesome frame!! Whats the current flight time with a go pro?

Quote Originally Posted by xhover View Post
    Awesome frame!! Whats the current flight time with a go pro?
    Thanks X! With a GoPro and 1300mah 3s it's a safe 5 minutes (6 minutes would probably be ok too, but have never flown it that long). We've been landing with 20-30% left in the lipo. A larger lipo would probably extend that -- like a 1800mah, which I have not tried. But, the 1300mah 3s is a great pack for this quad.

will the motors/esc's/frame all be aiming to be sent on the 20th?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryhza View Post
    will the motors/esc's/frame all be aiming to be sent on the 20th?
    The UPS/FedEX/DHL Gods willing, yes.

Frame is still looking good for the 20th. Packing has begun, but we're still waiting on parts, which have shipped already.
    ESCs - production done and shipped to GetFPV. Looking good for the 20th
    FX-2206 2000kv motors - highest risk of missing the date at this point

awesome cant wait for what the fatman puts under the tree

Many have asked about CC3D settings for the QAV250. The below settings are what we've done all of our QAV250 videos with. While I am sure these settings can still be tweaked/improved and personalized for your own liking and set-up, it's a rock solid starting point when using our FX-2206 2000kv motors, 5x3 GemFan props and 12amp SimonK ESCs with a 3s lipo. The QAV250 sits rock solid in Atti and is fun to fly in Rate with a bit of expo on the radio or by lowering (or even increasing) some of the stick ranges and limits -- as desired/required to make it feel comfortable for you.