FPVLAB

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweepwings 48 Juggernaut EPP wing build

Thanks Marc, that measurement is fairly close to where I landed. This boosted my confidence for the maiden yesterday. . She flew great! I have a slight oscillation in the aileron in Acro (Rate) with the Naze, that's about it. I had it in the air 6 times with little success on tuning it out. It's only a slight oscillation and it seems to be more pronounced at cruse speed then at climb speed. A few more flights and I hope to have that worked out.
    Check out the NEFPV^ SPEC build and assembly pictures:
    flickr.com/photos/13990876@N07/sets/72157649561585906/

Check out the NEFPV^ Mini build and assembly pictures:
    flickr.com/photos/13990876@N07/sets/72157638720060825

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    Marc clear your inbox you are missing messages about fight club.
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Yup, this is my next build. Looks like a great wing! It was this or the Chimera and honestly it came down to looks.

Also, forgive me if it's been mentioned but what is your AUW with both batteries? All ballpark would be fine, really. I'm motor shopping on Cobra's website.
    Last edited by criccio; 5th October 2014 at 09:13 PM.
    -Chris
    www.youtube.com/user/criccio

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    If it all ends badly this time, I'm quitting FPV and RC and taking up golf.

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    I got to fly 2 juggs today... Marc's and Tom's. They were both awesome. I am getting one I think.
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Quote Originally Posted by criccio View Post
    Yup, this is my next build. Looks like a great wing! It was this or the Chimera and honestly it came down to looks.

Also, forgive me if it's been mentioned but what is your AUW with both batteries? All ballpark would be fine, really. I'm motor shopping on Cobra's website.
    About 5lbs with 8400mah of 4s. You won't regret the choice.
    youtube.com/user/Appelm1
    NEFPV.com

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new FPV platform. My old Dynam Hawk Sky (Similar to Bixler 1.1) just can't hold all the weight of the long range FPV gear I put on it. I'm new to FPVLab but have been flying FPV for a while now and RC for about four years. I came across the Juggernaut by Sweepwings and it looks sweet! I was going to use the setup that the OP listed in his first post. Trying to decide between this and the Chimera... What do you guys think? Thanks!

Well I'm sure you will be pleased with either choice. For me it actually came down to size. 48" was just a little easier to fit in the trunk of my car than the 54" Chimera. Still it was a close call. I haven't flown the Chimera but my understanding is it's very stable at low speed. The Jugg probably has a bit more wag at low speed compared to the Chimera with its mid-wing stabilizers. But I think the Jugg is clearly tougher and naturally stiffer being only two sections rather than four. The motor mount is very strong on the Jugg too in comparison, at least as far I have read about it on the Chimera. Pick one and go for it. The parts list on this thread could easily be applied to the Chimera.
    youtube.com/user/Appelm1
    NEFPV.com

Hey appelm, I started a thread over here but I'm hoping you might be able to help. Where did you purchase the carbon fiber tube that's covering your control rods?

Also if you wouldn't mind, a closer up shot of how you're elevon control horn/connection to control rod is setup would be awesome!
    Last edited by criccio; 13th October 2014 at 07:41 PM.
    -Chris

I actually went to my local hobby store, Hobbytown, brought my control rod with me and found the right size carbon tube for the job. They had a big selection. I'd like to find some online too for future projects but haven't looked much yet. If you find some id like the link too!

I use the spring steel kwik links on the control horn connection. That end of the rod is threaded. On the other end I use solder clevis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413245449.262282.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	264.8 KB 
ID:	52814
    youtube.com/user/Appelm1
    NEFPV.com

Haha, I'll keep looking then! All the local shops near me seem to be closing up. Sad..

Anyway, thanks for the close up shot of the clevice. I've never had such beefy horns and clevices so sometimes just getting a visual of how it all goes together helps a ton.

I'm taking the time to build my Jugg right after rushing through a Specter and Popwing build. They fly fine but I don't know if I trust either of them for any real distance and altitude. I love the idea of a Vector but I have a full APM 2.6 from an old quadcopter that need's a home and I think it's perfect for my needs and well.. it's free.

Again, thank you!
    -Chris

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast