Page 3 of 340 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Vector FPV Controller - Everything we've all dreamed about :)

Navigator
    Thanks for all the feedback! Re pricing/availability, we'll get that information posted as soon as possible.

goryc,
    1. the IMU is embedded in the Vector or continues to be valid The Guardian Expander?
    2. all sensors in our possession may be used or are incorporated into the vector?
    3. I saw that you implemented the entrance to the Rudder but you can finally use two servos AiL1 and Ail2?
    4. has been simplified procedure or Wizard has always remained the same?
    5. How is handled the power of Video and Audio (12v or 5v) is selectable or is still managed by the user?
    1. The IMU is integrated into the Vector
    2. For fixed wing, an airspeed sensor improves things. Additionally, RPM and temperature sensors can be added. Everything else is built in.
    3. Yes, the Vector has 6 outputs, so you can have multiple ailerons, etc. (note that there is overlap between the temperature/RPM and two of the outputs, though)
    4. The servo analysis wizard takes around 20 seconds now I believe
    5. It is selectable.

ZeeFlyBoy,
    What options will there be for people that have 12S or 14S systems as regards current sensor - will there be more heavy duty and high voltage options?
    If there's a good demand for greater than 6s, we'll do it! The initial current sensors are 6s max, though, and there's not a way to use the sensors with higher voltages at this time.
    Voice alerts - are these custom?
    That would be cool. We could not have done that with the OSD Pro, but the Vector has the hardware resources to do that. If we get several requests for it, we'll try to do it. The Vector does support custom text messages right now - you can see the silly ones in the multi video.

aeryck,
    apparently it still suffers from altitude drift; the multirotor video showed negative altitude. gps or barometric?
    I checked the video. With the first flight the reading was -13 feet at takeoff. IIRC, the quad was powered on a table slightly uphill from the field, and that flight was at sunset when the temperature was dropping which can also cause drift. Typically drift should be less than +/- 1 foot. One thing we will probably do is reset the altitude on the first arm after powerup. That will cause a problem for those who insist on throwing it up in the air and arming it though.

Zeeflyboy,
    Your AHI behaviour when inverted seems a little counter intuitive (which is a nice way of saying wrong)
    Wow, good eye. Blush. We noticed that also and it's on our list to fix. There are a couple of other graphics bugs in the videos that I hope nobody notices.

Instructor Pilot

Vector FPV Controller - Everything we've all dreamed about :)

Thanks for the replies. One of the good selling points of your OSD Pro system is that it was one of only a select few capable of running on higher voltage systems... Would be a real shame to see you lose this USP for the sake of a current sensor.

The 6S limitation means this will work on precisely zero of my current planes, and only one of my aircraft in total (my 4S multi rotor). Everything else is 8S or above.

While on the subject, you also don't appear to mention the current rating of the sensor. Again the eLogger v4's higher current sensor option was a big selling point of the system for me. I have a suspicion that you are using a relatively low current sensor here (I'd guess sub 70A?)

I like what you have done with the Vector, but I don't like what you've done with the narrowing of possible applications... A high voltage/high current version of the sensor would be an easy and relatively cheap to produce fix and keep those of is that like to push the power systems harder happy.

Excellent work so far. I second the custom voice alerts. If the hardware can do it, you could just add it as a future update.

In terms of pricing, could you at least give a price range. For example will it be priced close to your OSD Pro package (OSD Pro Pkg with 100A eLogger/Wire Leads and GPS) between $230-$250 or close to the DJI Naza territory $430+?

I think price point is very important. If it's priced close to your previous generation OSD then the product immediately becomes very attractive. You get the OSD functions same as before + a control unit for fixed wings and multirotors. I was willing to pay that much before, for purchasing the OSD pro why wouldn't I pay the same now for the vector even if I use my own controller (CC3D or Naza or APM whatever).

If it's priced much higher (like the Naza) then there might be an issue, especially for multirotor users. If we already have a Naza or a cheaper controller that has stood up to the test of time and is widely used (CC3D, APM, KK2; there are a lot of them and most of them have already gone through a lot of iterations and improvements), why would we invest in a new, premium priced controller that just came out and is untested, irrelevant of how good the OSD part is.

Anything below 100A for the current sensor and I won't be able to use it in my multirotors.

Navigator
    How about the audio quality. OSDPro does not play well with Lawmate vTx. The cap on video in, nor the white/black settings helped. Is the same behavior present on Vector?

the second question: because the magnetometer is in the same module with GPS, and usually GPS must be placed outside for good reception, does that mean that this module should be aligned almost perfect facing forward and near CG?

third question: does that mean that in near future the 2D/3D quardian will have the Multirotor firmware update?!
    Last edited by schumixmd; 9th November 2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added one question
    youtube.com/user/schumixmd
    vimeo.com/teamscaredalien/videos

This has got some tremendous promise guys -- nice work! Looking forward to getting more details as they are available.
    Shut up and fly.

Well Hallelujah!!!

Looks nice... Bout time

Navigator
    No one has mentioned display text size, can this be increased in size to a size like the EzOSD for example or are we going to be locked into small alphanumeric like on the existing Eagle Tree OSD? I would only require basic information but it needs to be of easily readable size, I can not fly and study a screen with a zillion bits of small text info.
    regards - bruce

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLETREE View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback! Re pricing/availability, we'll get that information posted as soon as possible.

goryc,

1. The IMU is integrated into the Vector
    2. For fixed wing, an airspeed sensor improves things. Additionally, RPM and temperature sensors can be added. Everything else is built in.
    3. Yes, the Vector has 6 outputs, so you can have multiple ailerons, etc. (note that there is overlap between the temperature/RPM and two of the outputs, though)
    4. The servo analysis wizard takes around 20 seconds now I believe
    5. It is selectable. ...........
    Thanks EagleTree of the answers but I still have a few:
    1. I would like to know the size of the Vector
    2. I have air speed sensor (pitot) and where can I use to be connected?
    3. have been solved the problems related to the representation of maximum LOS, height, etc..?
    4. have been considered as a screen at the end of flight (after landing) a summary of the flight data?
    5. Have been removed disorders that afflict OSD pro audio?
    6. When will we have a manual (even raw) to be able to begin to mature the capabilities of the Vector?
    7. There is the possibility to modify the graphical representation of the horizon? It seems too invasive!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by goryc; 10th November 2013 at 04:26 AM.

Navigator
    Congrats on a greatly improved product. Just a couple of questions...

What is the max current rating of the wired current sensor assembly? Anything less than 120amps will be useless to me also.
    If the vector has the IMU built in, does this mean that the vector controller and the MAG/GPS sensor is required to be mounted level?