Page 339 of 340 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340 LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3399

Thread: Vector FPV Controller - Everything we've all dreamed about :)

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radius View Post
    When you are at the point in RX wizard when it asks you to turn the transmitter back on and hit enter, watch what happens to the throttle trim % on the screen. If it stays at zero, you need to adjust the throttle trim up until it shows 5%. Now hit enter and you will be successful. The catch here is that you are also using EzUHF- you need to set failsafe on the receiver too otherwise it will cause issues. There is a detailed explanation somewhere else in this thread, I'll see if I can find it for you.
    Thanks Radius! nothing else has worked yet. I'll give it try.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radius View Post
    When you are at the point in RX wizard when it asks you to turn the transmitter back on and hit enter, watch what happens to the throttle trim % on the screen. If it stays at zero, you need to adjust the throttle trim up until it shows 5%. Now hit enter and you will be successful. The catch here is that you are also using EzUHF- you need to set failsafe on the receiver too otherwise it will cause issues. There is a detailed explanation somewhere else in this thread, I'll see if I can find it for you.
    Had to change the throttle setting in the taranis radio to around 90 to 95% to get the percentage on the Vector wizard screen to read about 6% for the throttle setting and then hit "next"... then it would accept the failsafe setting . By doing this, the lowest physical position for the taranis throttle stick is at the true bottom and not up off the bottom a mm or so . I have not field tested this yet but failsafe does activate on the Vector screen when I turn off my radio while USB is connected to the Vector. We'll see how this works since the Vector safety setting won't allow the RTH to activate while below 60ft... didn't want to try it withthe safety setting off so will try it in flight in the next couple of days, i hope.

Forum Member
    Hi all, noob to ETV here... progressing slowly.
    Been talking and exchanging emails with the local ET reps and bugs me he can't do better than telling me which ET components he THINKS i need.
    At that price i need someone who's able to tell me what i need for SURE.Can you please tell me which items of the ETV catalogue you'd recommend?I want the FC & OSD, obviously, "stabilized" take-offs and landings, GPS & RTH. I want to fit two aircrafts with ET: A (big) Drak and an AR Wing (RMRC Recruit). I'm assuming ii should go big Vector on the Drak and Micro Vector on the Recruit. Starting point is easy: i have nothing yet! Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KwadUp FPV View Post
    Hi all, noob to ETV here... progressing slowly.
    Been talking and exchanging emails with the local ET reps and bugs me he can't do better than telling me which ET components he THINKS i need.
    At that price i need someone who's able to tell me what i need for SURE.Can you please tell me which items of the ETV catalogue you'd recommend?I want the FC & OSD, obviously, "stabilized" take-offs and landings, GPS & RTH. I want to fit two aircrafts with ET: A (big) Drak and an AR Wing (RMRC Recruit). I'm assuming ii should go big Vector on the Drak and Micro Vector on the Recruit. Starting point is easy: i have nothing yet! Your feedback would be much appreciated.
    You just need to buy a vector... There's nothing else you need. What advice are you looking to get? Buy a vector, read the manual and install it. Set to go.

Scott

Forum Member
    And if you buy a micro (originally meant for quads, hence no servo power from your Bec through the vector, and 30mm format) you're going to have to make your own servo harness and power them separately with a Bec.

Scott

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    And if you buy a micro (originally meant for quads, hence no servo power from your Bec through the vector, and 30mm format) you're going to have to make your own servo harness and power them separately with a Bec.

Scott
    Ich weiß ddd

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post

Scott
    Hi Scott, am in the middle of that part right now. Well, I screwed up already. I actually followed the Team Legit tut on YT on how to install the Micro Vector in a Mini Drak and, just like he does in the video, i made that servo harness (checked continuity etc...) to which i then connected the ESC and the 2 servo leads. Connected battery when all was done; no smoke. On to the software bit: Created new model on the Taranis and set External RF to CRSF first and made sure i had Throttle, Aileron, Elevon, Rudder, FMode, FMode2 & Tuning channels created. Then binded succesfully with the xf nano rx. Then i updated Vector firmware. All still going well, i thought. Then selected correct Airframe type and moved on to RX Wizard. Followed the steps, set everyhting to SBUS. But nothing got detected. I then realised that on the Taranis maybe i had to set External RF to SBUS instead of CRSF. Did that. Connected lipo: SMOKE! At least one servo died with the ground wire of that servo lead that melted over it's entire length. I have no clue what i did wrong since i really followed that TL tutorial in detail. A melting wire or smoking servo obviously hints at a power issue. But i can't figure out what or where. Rechecked my solderings, polarities, continuity... all seem fine. Where have i sinned?

Forum Member
    Can you post some Pictures ? Maybe we are able to help you.

Jens

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stxShadow View Post

Jens
    Sure, will do right now. Nothing was fixed or hard mounted in that wing yet so it's all spaghetti and need to clean up the pic a little first or you'll end up even more confused than i am . brb.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stxShadow View Post

Jens
    Here you go. Let me know if you need to see other stuff. Thank man!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-02-17 at 10.56.49.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	78967

Name:	Screenshot 2019-02-17 at 11.01.23.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	78968

Name:	Screenshot 2019-02-17 at 11.02.31.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	78969
    Obviously, i took out one of the two servo leads from that connector as it got up in smoke...
    Last edited by KwadUp FPV; 17th February 2019 at 06:08 AM.