Page 340 of 340 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340
Results 3,391 to 3,399 of 3399

Thread: Vector FPV Controller - Everything we've all dreamed about :)

Quote Originally Posted by KwadUp FPV View Post
    Here you go. Let me know if you need to see other stuff. Thank man!
    Attachment 78967
    Attachment 78968
    Attachment 78969
    Obviously, i took out one of the two servo leads from that connector as it got up in smoke...
    Hmmm ..... looks like you connected 5v from vector to the servo harness. You don't need this -> +5 V is provided by the BEC of your ESC ..... So you only need

GND and the M* connections. I don't know if this is the reason for your problem.

You also provide power to the vector over the "Power" connector .... right ? -> by the Vector Current Sensor.

If this is true you maybe had something link a ground loop (but on the positiv wire) ..... 2 BECs working against each other.

From the manual:

5V Power:Typically this is connected to a 4.2V to 6V power source when used with multirotors, to power the MicroVector. Note that all the “5V Power” connections are connected together inside the MicroVector. Don’t connect a power source to more than one of these connections! 4.2V Min,6V Max!

Hope this helps.

Jens
    Last edited by stxShadow; 17th February 2019 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stxShadow View Post
    Hmmm ..... looks like you connected 5v from vector to the servo harness. You don't need this -> +5 V is provided by the BEC of your ESC ..... So you only need

GND and the M* connections. I don't know if this is the reason for your problem.

You also provide power to the vector over the "Power" connector .... right ? -> by the Vector Current Sensor.

If this is true you maybe had something link a ground loop (but on the positiv wire) ..... 2 BECs working against each other.

Hope this helps.

Jens
    Thx Jens. OK i think i get what you are saying, just to make sure, what you are saying is: Either i provide power to servos through the BEC on the ESC that goes straight into the selfmade servo harness - OR - servos get power from the Vector PSU into the Power connector on the Vector, is that correct? If so - and assuming that that indeed is the source of my problem - what would you recommended i do now? What do you think would be safest way to know or solve this? And by safe i mean not seeing another component go up in smoke

I guess first option would be to disconnect the red 5V/PWR wire from the servo harness pin where it is connected to now?
    Last edited by KwadUp FPV; 17th February 2019 at 05:26 PM.

Some extra info: From the first moment i connected a battery yesterday:
    - never had a steady green led on the uV
    - constantly had beep every 3 seconds. I kept thinking that was coming from the uV since there's no other component on my wing that would beep... I know discovered that that beep sound ( with 3 sec intervals) is coming from my motor!
    Don't know if that does give you any other clues?

Thx Jens. OK i think i get what you are saying, just to make sure, what you are saying is: Either i provide power to servos through the BEC on the ESC that goes straight into the selfmade servo harness - OR - servos get power from the Vector PSU into the Power connector on the Vector, is that correct? If so - and assuming that that indeed is the source of my problem - what would you recommended i do now? What do you think would be safest way to know or solve this? And by safe i mean not seeing another component go up in smoke

I guess first option would be to disconnect the red 5V/PWR wire from the servo harness pin where it is connected to now?
    Sorry for my bad english I don't use it very often.

You can use the Vector PDU and the BEC from your ESC, but you have to seperate them. Just don't use the red wire (5v) from the Vector to the servo harness.

Powering the servos from the PDU is not recommended because the servos draw a lot of power -> in some conditions you vector can have a brown out.

Hopefully you did not fry anything inside the vector jet. Are you able connect via the software to the vector ?

If so: are you able to run the vector wizard ? The beeps are normal in some conditions (for example if the vector is connected by USB to your computer).

Jens

Some extra info: From the first moment i connected a battery yesterday:
    - never had a steady green led on the uV
    - constantly had beep every 3 seconds. I kept thinking that was coming from the uV since there's no other component on my wing that would beep... I know discovered that that beep sound ( with 3 sec intervals) is coming from my motor!
    Don't know if that does give you any other clues?
    -> in fixed wing mode it will never be green (only in multicopter mode). If everything is ok you should have a steady orange LED.
    -> beeps are normal if USB is connected ....

Look at page 58 in the manual for LED meanings.

Jens

Hi Jens, superthanks for your time man, much appreciated! Actually no later than an hour ago i had a W'app chat with someone and we went through each and every connection. We identified a couple of things i need to change first. I will do these today and then i will try again. I'll definitely keep you updated though. Yes, i guess i must have gone a bit too quickly through that manual.

Unfortunately on the Fatshark HDO's i see that all the OSD info is crammed in the center of the display. Is there a way to arrange the display in such a way that all info shown is placed on the sides of the display/screen? Right now, it's all pretty much in the middle so not ideal at all.

Hmmm .... have you tried to rearrange the OSD infos via the Eagletree Vector Software ? -> OSD Tab

Jens

Quote Originally Posted by stxShadow View Post
    Hmmm .... have you tried to rearrange the OSD infos via the Eagletree Vector Software ? -> OSD Tab

Jens
    UPDATE: ignore. Problem solved. Had to disconnect usb & lipo then reconnect and all was fine. Thanks for your time though Jens.