Page 315 of 340 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3399

Thread: Vector FPV Controller - Everything we've all dreamed about :)

Yes basically. Throttle is irrelevant since the RTH throttle level is configured in the RTH menu and it ignores throttle input from the RX. What I do is I set all other inputs to neutral and zero trim and make sure the mode switches are set in RTH position (and the switch for my emergency locator beeper is on), then set the failsafe on my Rangelink RX, which probably works more or less the same as your EZ UHF. You also wanted to make sure your Vector gain is reasonably high (my failsafe gain is set a 50%).
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Mistake Discovery Artist
    And..... once you think you've got it setup correctly take the propellers(s) off and test it all out by powering up everything and then turn off your radio to simulate lost signal.

I also make it a habit right after every launch to engage rth and make sure it does what I think it should. Has saved my plane a couple times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yeah, just the mode switch set to rth - setting your throttle to a certain position for failsafe is for controllers that don't manage your throttle, but that will steer you home. You set the cruising and climbing levels during the rc wizard and they can be edited later in the software if you want to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyswamper View Post
    And..... once you think you've got it setup correctly take the propellers(s) off and test it all out by powering up everything and then turn off your radio to simulate lost signal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Don't be surprised if your motor doesn't spin though... if it senses that you haven't left the ground it's not going to trigger a proper failsafe and fire up the motor, but you should be able to see the mode switch engaging in the software if you're plugged in. I just fly out a little and kick it in and see if it comes back - there's no way to be 100% sure other than watching it work.

Navigator
    Ok, I was testing today. If I fly under my RTH altitude. How come it will not gain altitude when I enable a RTH. It just comes back at the altitue I am urrently at.

Do you have the home radius thing enabled? Where when it's within a certain distance from home it will drop down to a lower altitude? Other than that can't think of a reason that it wouldn't go to your set altitude...if it turns around and starts flying back, it should also begin to climb if it's below your set altitude... is the gain way down?

Navigator
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rth1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	73553
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Do you have the home radius thing enabled? Where when it's within a certain distance from home it will drop down to a lower altitude? Other than that can't think of a reason that it wouldn't go to your set altitude...if it turns around and starts flying back, it should also begin to climb if it's below your set altitude... is the gain way down?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rth.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	73552  
    Last edited by autorail1; 12th July 2016 at 11:49 PM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by autorail1 View Post
    Ok, I was testing today. If I fly under my RTH altitude. How come it will not gain altitude when I enable a RTH. It just comes back at the altitue I am urrently at.

One of the best manuals out there:

http://eagletreesystems.com/Manuals/vector.pdf

and a quick google search:
    Last edited by Willyspu; 14th July 2016 at 06:31 PM.

Mistake Discovery Artist
    It is a safe bet that your issue is not the same as my mistake, but.... there are a few parallels, so... at the risk of just being a tangent.... when I was first setting up the Vector and *thought* I was testing RTH mode, I noticed that I wasn't getting the altitude hold/climb that I thought I should. It turned out that I actually didn't have RTH mode engaged/active. I had the mode switch flipped for RTH but I had some trim adjusted on one of the sticks and I failed to notice the on screen messages indicating that I needed to "release sticks to engage RTH." The plane would *almost* hold altitude and it even was turning to the right and seemingly *almost* circling the home position.... but it wasn't really RTH mode.

Here's the video I recorded in the process of trying to figure out what was going on....

Navigator
    HMMM. I am not sure that was the correct video. But..., based on the manual. my settings are set to climb higher than 50 feet to RTH It is set to 400 feet the whole way back. My gains are up, my trims are incorparated. My climb rate is set to 5 FPS. EVEN tried 10fps. I also tried climb throttle to 3/4 and even full throttle just for the heck of it. So... I guess I need another googled video.
    Again the plane comes back and loiters every single time, it just does not change altitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willyspu View Post
    One of the best manuals out there:

http://eagletreesystems.com/Manuals/vector.pdf

and a quick google search: