Thread: Initial motor/blade hesitation

Forum Member

Initial motor/blade hesitation

My quad's front right motor/blade sometimes starts up about 1 to 1/2 of a second later than the rest of the blades on startup. I've been told that is nothing to worry about. It operates perfectly in the air. Thoughts? thanks

Forum Member
    I assume you've already calibrated your escs..

My first build did that too. Eventually she crashed when the motor finally cut out mid flight. I can't remember whether it was the motor or ESC causing it to cogg at low throttle. In the end I think I ended up replacing both. Haven't had the problem since.
    [SIZE=3][URL="https://shop.spreadshirt.com/CSFPV/"]FPV Inspired T-Shirts![/URL][/SIZE]

Forum Member
    It may indicate a high resistance in one of the solder joints towards the motor or on one of the connectors, once the juice starts flowing, the effect is negated, but it may end up letting go completely.
    I suggest you run by all solder joints between the esc and motor (including any connectors) with an iron and reflow them, alternatively replace the esc and motor, but that's wholly unneccesary if you have a soldering iron.
    [SIZE="1"]Youtube username: SicariusMortus[/SIZE]
    [FONT="Arial Black"][U][SIZE="2"][COLOR="red"]F[COLOR="silver"]P[COLOR="blue"]V[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U] [U][COLOR="#ff8c00"]NL[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]

Mine started doing that and I disregarded it until finally my ESC smoked during initial spinup during takeoff. Not sure if we are talking the same thing here for sure but if it were me i would replace the motor and use the old one on a plane or something less critical.
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Forum Member
    thanks all... I'm a RTF type of person, so I'll just send it back.. I notified the company within the "grace" period...