FPVLAB

Thread: Dragonlink, Headtracker, and Futaba 14sg

Forum Member

Dragonlink, Headtracker, and Futaba 14sg

I'm very sorry if this is not the right place to post this, or if I am doing something wrong by posting this question separate from the other threads. I have a Futaba 14SG, which I have set up with a normal 8 channel receiver and Fatshark Trinity Head Tracker in Dominator goggles. Everything works fine. I then calibrated and bound the Dragonlink using the same profile, and set up switch SG to be my toggle on/off for the trainer. Since I already set up the trainer settings in the original profile to work with the standard receiver, I left that alone. As I understand it, the Dragonlink uses those settings and passes it on to the DL receiver through the DL TX. The trainer is set up in 8ch mode. I get link for the servos, but nothing for the HT. I can even set up other channels and Pan/Tilt using knobs ie. Ch 5-6, but cannot get the HT to work without going to the original receiver. Since it works in the one way but not the other, I know it is obviously me overlooking something simple. Can anyone shed some light? Thank you in advance.
    Bacteria is the only culture some people get.

Forum Member
    So I fixed the problem. To anyone having this problem, IT IS THE CABLE! The image used to make the custom cable looks backwards from how it should be. If you are looking inside the connector that plugs into the goggles, the PPM should be on the BOTTOM RIGHT SIDE. The image that shows the PPM on the bottom left is looking at it from the rear. From first glance it looks like the front, because of the detail used in the drawing of the square plug at the bottom. Hope that helps somebody avoid the frustration of searching forums for days like me because Im a noob.
    Bacteria is the only culture some people get.