FPVLAB

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: R22 COCKPIT GROUND STATION BUILD

That's very kind Brett, but it's not necessary

I've found a kind of chair that I want. It won't have a massage function or anything like yours (LOL) but I reckon it'll do the job VERY well (dutch site though):

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-ond...reviousPage=lr

So yeah, that's a car seat. Damn cheap and looks nice and made to sit on for a long time.

As for controls I'd be going with a turnigy 9xr. I'm actually planning on buying two. One to replace my ageing futaba ff8 and my spektrum DX7 and one to convert to CGS controls. The basic idea is to disassemble it and take the pots, and put them on the specific locations. That means the entire right stick goes to the middle front of the chair or maybe in front of it. It'll have a flight stick replacing the standard stick and then it's just a matter of covering up the wiring and stuff. The left stick will be disassembled and I'll take the throttle and rudder pots and place the rudder behind a throttle lever and the rudder behind the rudder pedals. In a similar way as Mick's CGS. Then of course reroute the wires (probably extend them to fit everything) and have a certain processing unit somewhere behind the dash. That's basically just the 9xr itself. The screen and screen control buttons will then be taken out along with the entire front panel, and I'll make the front panel to fit in the dashboard. I'll remove the front panel parts of the tx that aren't necessary anymore. So it'll look a bit like a car radio. Next up is rewiring all the switches to switches on the dashboard or the stick/throttle. After that, a screen should be added to the dash, which will be the backup screen. This will then be attached to a video splitter's out port. The other out port of the splitter will go to a 5.8ghz relay vtx to allow me to fly with goggles on and also to allow any potential nearby people to tune in on the video. The in port will just be rerouted to fit the outside of the cgs so you can plug in any AV video source you want from an external ground station // vrx. The transmitter itself will have the module hatch rerouted to an external hatch so you can basically plug in any module you want. That means you can fly on either 2.4 ghz or UHF control, or even 35mhz if I modify the respective module. Like Brett's idea, that'd mean it'll be very plug&play. The entire system should work like a normal transmitter with a module hatch and a programming screen/buttons. That pretty much sums it up... For now...
    Cheers,
    Sven
    Quote Originally Posted by c5galaxy engineer View Post
    Zee is wrong, Grasshopper is ALWAYS right!

Instructor Pilot

R22 COCKPIT GROUND STATION BUILD

Well if relish doesn't want it... I can accept PayPal?

Cheeeeeers

Lol Zee lmfao
    Cheers,
    Sven

Hi All and Thanks for the welcoming party. Zee i think we are all nutters. One little thing that will be good for me, Is to put the cyclic trims on top of the yolk for easy in flight trimming and a throttle hold switch in the end of the collective for auto's and safety, I hooked my heal under the collective getting up once and lifted it a little, It could have had a bad outcome if it went higher.
    Cool flight seat RELIKU, But i still hate Scotts chair. But if i had one like his it would be the coolest thing. LOL.

If someone wants to send me $100 I'll start a CGS too! Granted, it may look a little like Mick's chair, rofl!

(actually I've been thinking it'd be cool to make one like Micks on a metal fold up chair and make the whole thing fold up so it can go in my truck. Pretty happy with goggles versus buying a tv and keeping it in a box in the driveway)
    "You can't take the sky from me"

We talked about using a fold up chair while back for Reliku so he could put it in a car for easy transport and it wouldn't be that hard to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Well if relish doesn't want it... I can accept PayPal?

Cheeeeeers
    Your Jeddi mind tricks dont work here!
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    If someone wants to send me $100 I'll start a CGS too! Granted, it may look a little like Mick's chair, rofl!

(actually I've been thinking it'd be cool to make one like Micks on a metal fold up chair and make the whole thing fold up so it can go in my truck. Pretty happy with goggles versus buying a tv and keeping it in a box in the driveway)
    Ill gladly send you 100 bucks if you start with this as the base for your CGS........
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-101-VOODOO....KCAaJklX.dpuf
    Notice it has duel controls as well!!
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Ill gladly send you 100 bucks if you start with this as the base for your CGS........
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-101-VOODOO....KCAaJklX.dpuf
    Notice it has duel controls as well!!
    CONTROL YOURSELF BRETT CONTROL YOURSELF WOW HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE. All the work is done. Just fit some pots in the right places, wire in the controller and test fly, Then hold out your hand for suckers like me that would pay to have a go. But @ 15 grand i'm out. One of you guys must be loaded so you should buy it.

I'd rather build my own. Cheaper and more customisable

It's not military grade requirements we're looking at anyway LOL
    Cheers,
    Sven

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast