FPVLAB

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2013 1880 Skywalker build

Good suggestion.. it does look like its too front-heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
    Im still happy with mine, have not had much time to fly this year, but now that its winter Ill fly more. I just need to get the cg back farther so it needs less up trim.

Navigator
    Hi Folks,
    I wonder if you could help me about my problems with my 2013 carbon tail 1880. Actually I had 1900 before and it was a stable and good weight lifting plane.
    Now I have CG problems with my 1880 plane I think. The plane is unstable and there is a tip stall tendency.
    1. At high throttle ranges motor forces the nose down too much I have changed the motor angle and it reduced some but still exist. Its too hard to hand launch the plane.
    2. Where is the right CG? They say it is on the servo wire? I have wooden hand made gopro pan tilt, 600 tvl cam, gopro 2 on the nose section. Vtx on the one wing UHF receiver antenna on the other. Nothing in the tail section. With 4s 5000 30c motor lipo and 3s 1000 mah video lipo I have to place the lipos in the far back place in fuselage. Is it normal ? In flight it still wants to dive and needs up trim. APM FBWA mode makes it level on pitch axis but as soon as I switch to manual mode plane wants to dive. Should I move the CG point back on the wing. Its almost on the center of the wing (Servo wire)?
    Could you please help me?
    Thank you so much.

VR,

Onur.

*sub*

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by onurboy View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I wonder if you could help me about my problems with my 2013 carbon tail 1880. Actually I had 1900 before and it was a stable and good weight lifting plane.
    Now I have CG problems with my 1880 plane I think. The plane is unstable and there is a tip stall tendency.
    1. At high throttle ranges motor forces the nose down too much I have changed the motor angle and it reduced some but still exist. Its too hard to hand launch the plane.
    2. Where is the right CG? They say it is on the servo wire? I have wooden hand made gopro pan tilt, 600 tvl cam, gopro 2 on the nose section. Vtx on the one wing UHF receiver antenna on the other. Nothing in the tail section. With 4s 5000 30c motor lipo and 3s 1000 mah video lipo I have to place the lipos in the far back place in fuselage. Is it normal ? In flight it still wants to dive and needs up trim. APM FBWA mode makes it level on pitch axis but as soon as I switch to manual mode plane wants to dive. Should I move the CG point back on the wing. Its almost on the center of the wing (Servo wire)?
    Could you please help me?
    Thank you so much.

VR,

Onur.
    Mines on the servo wire. Using two 4s 5000 batteries with pan and tilt also. Had to add weight to the rear to get a balance.
    I used fishing sinkers, heat shrunk them and slid them in the tail of the carbon tube. Easy to change this way if needed.

Navigator

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112