FPVLAB

Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200
Results 1,991 to 1,993 of 1993

Thread: Perth FPV Addicts Anonymous.(FPV meet)

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlistairR View Post
    Hey mate. Had a hoot last weekend. Did you get a good deal on the session?
    Yeah, it was awesome seeing those little quads. Rocketships! I havent ordered one yet but it will happen. I have souped up the tricopter though. Shortened the arms, run the cables down the insides of the booms, cc3d FC, 4s capable now too. More power more better.

Got the session from the good guys. 290aud. I didnt shop around at all. Walked in grabbed it and dashed. Just realised that i never checked it for 2.4ghz noise. You guys all fly 2.4 rc. Il check it for you thisarvo....may be tricky...might need to do it in the microwave!

Regards

Doug
    "The only way you'll ever learn a thing, is to admit that you know absolutely nothing"

Forum Member
    Unfortunately the noise floor on 2.4ghz is just too high here at my house to measure any significant changes with the session running or not. I suppose you could say its no worse then flying in an urban environment. If I get a chance and remember to Il do a quick test where there is no 2.4ghz noise floor. All that being said this camera does have Wifi so no doubt it can reek havoc on range.

Doug
    "The only way you'll ever learn a thing, is to admit that you know absolutely nothing"

Forum Member
    Pretty happy with the session Gopro so far, just over an hour of flying time with it now. Its survived some decent prangs and the footage looks pretty good. Could be my imagination but I do think its more susceptible to vibration jello then my old Gopro 1. Chasing the micron fairys on balance and its still not perfect. Also the UHF interference it spits out does mess with the Dragonlink. If I power up the dragonlink and let it link up first it works fine, RSSI shows good strength during flying, but if I power up the Gopro first then my rssi is all over the shop and I get lockouts. Could be that I haven't run the calibration for a few years....precious hunk o junk. The TBS Crossfire looks delicious..

Building a 4ch diversity RX for 5.8ghz, should be done in a few weeks. Il throw up the design if it works for anyone who's interested.

Regards

Doug

Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200