Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FLite Test FAMOUSNESS

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Typo, Beretta.
    Thank God, because I was thinking THAT GUY HAS SOME HUGE PANTS!

He he.

John, don't be jealous. The FT guys are doing what me and you both want to, but can't afford to . At least until next payday, or the one after that.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    I always wanted to arm some slowsticks and put thin paper wings on them. Shoot to the death. The problem I had was that you really have no control of where the projectile goes after it is fired. Flite Test has a big field in the middle of nowhere, so other than their one grumpy neighbor down the road, nobody is around to care. For me, I only have parks and public property... not exactly the place for a gun fight...

David brought an interesting point about shooting backward, but missed the physics:

Shooting backward results in a significantly reduced velocity of the projectile - with respect to Earth and the ground.

With both planes moving at the same speed the projectile hits the second airplane as if both were standing still.

I don't know how many of you know about it, but I have a DIY infra-red combat system posted here on FPVLAB. It was the very first thread I made here. If anyone wants to try it, I can modify the schematic to flash your video on and off rather than shut down your motor

-Alex

If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    I always wanted to arm some slowsticks and put thin paper wings on them. Shoot to the death. The problem I had was that you really have no control of where the projectile goes after it is fired. Flite Test has a big field in the middle of nowhere, so other than their one grumpy neighbor down the road, nobody is around to care. For me, I only have parks and public property... not exactly the place for a gun fight...

David brought an interesting point about shooting backward, but missed the physics:

Shooting backward results in a significantly reduced velocity of the projectile - with respect to Earth and the ground.

With both planes moving at the same speed the projectile hits the second airplane as if both were standing still.

I don't know how many of you know about it, but I have a DIY infra-red combat system posted here on FPVLAB. It was the very first thread I made here. If anyone wants to try it, I can modify the schematic to flash your video on and off rather than shut down your motor

-Alex

Man this would be really cool!
    Entropy isnít what it used to be.

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    Yeah that sounds great for warbird dogfights.

Navigator
    love that shirt