Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLite Test FAMOUSNESS

I should give the human race more credit.
    99% of what we worry about never comes to be. Wasted energy.

Ialso, i dont have a distain for gun, I just personally dont use them. To each their own. My family is hunters, I just chose not to be. No judgment, just lack of understanding and lack of desire to learn more about them.

Ill quietly withdraw here, this was never supposed to be a rant about danger. This was ONLY to make you (CS) feel good by sharing the mass exposure that FT brings. This thread was supposed to be an online high five. So ill leave it at that.

/high five
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Reading a thread like this reaffirms why I like it here so much and infrequently visit RCG. Group hug everyone!

Re: FLite Test FAMOUSNESS

Eh, everyone is so sheltered these days. Ride the bus with me some time. You're guaranteed to meet a couple of crack addicts and felons. Last week a guy was riding with a Barret tucked into his jeans...with the safety off. Probably shot his own dick off..

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Eh, everyone is so sheltered these days. Ride the bus with me some time. You're guaranteed to meet a couple of crack addicts and felons. Last week a guy was riding with a Barret tucked into his jeans...with the safety off. Probably shot his own dick off..
    Join the group carbon

And bring yo mom

Re: FLite Test FAMOUSNESS

You shot your dick off? My mom probably wouldn't be interested then..

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    A Barrett? As in a .50cal? Or something else? Just asking because the .50cal wouldn't fit in Shaq's jeans or two of Shaq's jeans.

On a "serious" note. If you put an airsoft "gun" (bullsh!t term, sorry) on anything and shot it at someones face, you should be prepared to take a faceful of something yourself. An airsoft pellet can or WILL eff up your eye. If the airsoft pellet is fired from a higher altitude and slows down, then it may not be such a problem though. If some dbag mounts it on an r/c plane and fires while diving on people, then it can easily hurt someone.
    Stupid as it sounds, there is a difference. I DO NOT think the Flitetest guys were causing harm or endangering others in their actions. Other people can. Other people can also not service their vehicle properly and cause me to choke on the exhaust.... Lots of ifs here.

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    One thing is for sure... that Chicken Sashimi guy is ruining the hobby for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMac View Post
    A Barrett? As in a .50cal? Or something else? Just asking because the .50cal wouldn't fit in Shaq's jeans or two of Shaq's jeans..
    Typo, Beretta.

I can respect what Dust is saying, and I think he came around to making his point. I recall reading "rules" about what should not be done on an RC aircraft, something about never shooting something from it like fireworks, dropping things from it except certain allowable things, and the like. And I've seen all of this stuff done from videos at AMA sponsored events, to other reputable and semi reputable folks doing what would be considered reckless if posted on youtube by some shirtless dope smoking half drunk redneck swearing right wing Limbaugh supporting welfare getting gay bashing west borough baptist church attending canoodler.

It's neat to see what can be done with these things by the right people under the right circumstances. The clowns at FT did a good job of doing it right, I think. But doesn't mean we all should do it, or even support doing it.

/I use the term clowns with the utmost respect in this context.

Awesome episode to get on there Chicken! That was awesome all the way around.

And yepp, I'd love to try that but I think there are better ways. I really like the way the dogfight module works in the HZ Super Cub. If you are hit your motor shuts down but you can dead stick it. The motor dies for a couple seconds and then regains. Pretty sure the whole thing works on infrared.
    KF7TRU, youtube.com/user/wildwill1970/videos, Skywalker 1680mm, RMRC 400mW 1280mhz vTx, Dragonlink V1, MFD ATT, Crosshair GSA 1280mhz