Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GetFPV.com is moving and hiring

GetFPV.com is moving and hiring

As many of you have seen on the the top of every page at GetFPV.com -- we are finally moving into our new facilities -- and I am proud and excited that the day has finally come. We bought a cool old warehouse in Sarasota that we gutted, had the floors polished, put new AC equipment in, painted, ran all new wiring, and also installed a state of the art fire detection and security system. It's taken a lot longer than anticipated and I am so happy that it's finally done and we're moving in starting tomorrow. The new facility will give us much needed room to grow -- in terms of gear we will retail and the number of staffers we will bring on to manage the ever increasing workload.

We are now looking for skilled FPV-ers that live within driving distance to sunny Sarasota, FL. Work will include customer service, picking/packing of orders, and inventory management. We are also considering hiring staffers remotely to help out with customer service. Providing top notch customer service is one of our most important values we provide our customers. Finding staffers that can help provide good answers to the questions our customers have is key for us. If you're considering turning your hobby into a career with a very fast growing FPV company, please contact us at support AT getfpv.com.

Why don't any of the FPV start ups ever need software engineers?
    I aim to misbehave.
    I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar.

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Wow! Congrats Tim - exciting developments!

Before you fill the place up, fly arround with a QAV and have a FPV groundpounders raceday on that pristine floor.

Congrats on the expansion

I vote for chatch to be your first employee

Quote Originally Posted by timecop View Post
    I vote for chatch to be your first employee
    I should talk to him about that! His knowledge of FPV technology is remarkable. He told me his ideas of what he wants to do after school and I think he's onto something big (even if it's not only FPV related).

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Before you fill the place up, fly arround with a QAV and have a FPV groundpounders raceday on that pristine floor.

Congrats on the expansion
    Thanks Hans!! Yes, we should fly through it like Juz did in his first QAV400G video... what, you have not seen that video?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
    Wow! Congrats Tim - exciting developments!
    Thanks Ian! Hope all is well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
    Thanks Hans!! Yes, we should fly through it like Juz did in his first QAV400G video... what, you have not seen that video?!
    No i haven't until now. Nice! Can't wait until you open shop in Europe

Congrats on the new place, it must be exciting. You picked either the best time to make an investment in FPV, or the worst You roll them dice and take your chances, that's capitalism.

btown: A lot of FPV companies do not need software engineers, because from the US, exporting software that enables guided missiles, is regulated. That is why it is open sourced, it gets an educational exception. Some naive programmers think otherwise, but their bosses will confirm. Stick with though, and apply at one of the big defense contractors, there are good jobs available, if that is what you really want to do. Or robotics in general, even though it is the exact same stuff, in a typical government way, it is not treated the same, at the moment, unless you are working on killer robots.