FPVLAB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austin TX Zephyr Maidens..

Forum Member
    Hotrod.. come on up!.. I live about 5 minutes from a nice secluded flying field that is not an AMA thing and there is never anyone there.. would be cool to gather up some more peeps and set up a "fly in" of sorts.. the Field is in a valley with mountains all around so I'm not sure how well the signal would be if you decided to drop down behind it... either way, its a great field and I would like to get some more FPV guys out there..

Myron

Forum Member
    That sounds awesome Myron! I don't have anything cool like a zeph yet, but I have an FPV slow stick, a tricopter that needs a bit of gain tuning and can cobble together my Bixler in an afternoon probably. I just think it'd be cool to get a few flights in and check out other people's setups and shoot the breeze about fpv IRL one weekend. We should definitely set this up!

Forum Member
    Do you have some specs about the motor and esc you use on your zeph?
    [SIZE=1][B]FPV killed my bank account[/B]
    [/SIZE]

Forum Member
    Hey Justin,

Nice meeting you today!.. Glad we were able to get your bird repaired and back in the air... I would like to round up a few more guys and have a get together out here soon... I think I'm gonna put up a thread on the other forum to maybe round up a few more guys...

Myron

Forum Member

Wimberly FPV

Thanks to Myron from RP Flight Systems for all his help getting my Zephyr back into flying shape and preventing a ton of future disasters.

While I really like the Zephyr, the stuff Myron is doing is way ahead. I really hope they decide to do a wing and gopro pod for us FPV enthusiasts.. *hint hint*

We should do a central Texas FPV meetup real soon, hopefully in Wimberly as it is the perfect place.

Here is the video from the fun today.. the launching of the Zephyr is such a pain in the ass, it almost went straight into a tree.

Forum Member
    I used a 60amp Detrum and 1250KV Rocket series from HobbyPartz.com. Not sure if I would recommend the motor, the prop shaft sheared off instead of breaking the prop.. but it seems to work really well and has tons of power.

Forum Member
    You can count me in on the meet up - sounds great.

Forum Member
    This thing had alot of thrust! If you just like to cruize around kinda slow you can get buy with a lower KV outrunner and a larger prop. Typically a larger diameter prop turning slower is more efficient than a small one turning fast. My wing is smaller, and heavier and flies quite well on an eflight 480 outrunner on an 11" prop.

Myron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12