ReadyMadeRC!

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggested Products

Tim, a little offtopic: do you know, please, when the GoPro cams will be again in stock?

Navigator
    I put in an order last week. I hadn't heard anything so I sent them another email and got a response.. "Oh, yea, we got your email and just haven't entered that yet, we'll do it now". I just got the order confirmation. :-/
    Probably about a week since they have to ship from California to Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
    Tim, a little offtopic: do you know, please, when the GoPro cams will be again in stock?

Oh - call me lazy --- but do you have FatShark spare batteries? I realized I have a point of failure bc I don't have a backup that's ready for hot swap.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    I have a better idea, how about a quick swap voltage regulator? Something that you can plug into any video goggles or even TV that would run off of a 12V Lipo. We all have many spare Lipos that are old. This way you can charge your batteries on the fly without a charger. You could run them right off the regulator or use it as a charger. Good idea?

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    Oh - call me lazy --- but do you have FatShark spare batteries? I realized I have a point of failure bc I don't have a backup that's ready for hot swap.
    You mean this?
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=386
    I guess I need to add a picture so you see it next time.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    I have a better idea, how about a quick swap voltage regulator? Something that you can plug into any video goggles or even TV that would run off of a 12V Lipo. We all have many spare Lipos that are old. This way you can charge your batteries on the fly without a charger. You could run them right off the regulator or use it as a charger. Good idea?

-Alex
    I'm not exactly following what you mean here....???

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    It's simple, I power everything from a 12V Lipo regardless of the device's voltage or adapter. I use variable (or occasionally a fixed) voltage regulator and quick swap adapters to convert my 12V Lipo into a power source for any voltage I need and whatever plug I need. They sell these for automotive aux power outlets. All you do is open the shell and solder on your deas/power pole plug and you have an adapter with dozens of plugs to fit everything from your cell phone to your video goggles.

You can use this for any 5V system. Just open the case and solder in your Lipo connector: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...=SPM1610546301

Or there is this one that you simply cut the cord and have a variable supply: http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/dctovadcpoco.html

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Will order the battery today Tim - TY sir.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    It's simple, I power everything from a 12V Lipo regardless of the device's voltage or adapter. I use variable (or occasionally a fixed) voltage regulator and quick swap adapters to convert my 12V Lipo into a power source for any voltage I need and whatever plug I need. They sell these for automotive aux power outlets. All you do is open the shell and solder on your deas/power pole plug and you have an adapter with dozens of plugs to fit everything from your cell phone to your video goggles.

You can use this for any 5V system. Just open the case and solder in your Lipo connector: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...=SPM1610546301

Or there is this one that you simply cut the cord and have a variable supply: http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/dctovadcpoco.html

-Alex
    Ah, OK, got it! Most goggles can run off 12V, but I've definitely seen some that need 5V or other equipment that needs different voltages. I'll look in to that!
    Tim

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    Will order the battery today Tim - TY sir.
    Thank YOU!