ReadyMadeRC!

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggested Products

Navigator

Suggested Products

I always want to try to offer what people want. I can judge this to some extent by emails where I see people asking about products, and by browsing through the forums to see what new products are being talked about. This is a place for you to tell me:

What product would you like to see me carry?

Please note that there are some products that I won't carry because of quality or customer service issues. A good example: a particular extremely inexpensive head tracker...I had a failure rate of about 10% of these from the first batch, and when I asked the manufacturer for replacements, they wanted me to pay a rather large sum for them to ship replacements to me. I don't mind sending the bad units back to them, but really? Another example, a particular set of goggles that's fairly expensive, but has had a high failure rate of cable connections and batteries. Not only are they a customer service nightmare for me, but after some experience I think there are a lot of other better options available, especially now.

Anyway, as much as I try to keep an eye on the market, there may be new products or things that people want that I don't already have. I'd love to hear about it here!!!

Do you carry the 4 pin molex (or servo-like) connectors? These are a kinda must for the DOSD+ wiring harness and are not really easy to find. Be nice if they came with DOSD but they don't!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
    Do you carry the 4 pin molex (or servo-like) connectors? These are a kinda must for the DOSD+ wiring harness and are not really easy to find. Be nice if they came with DOSD but they don't!
    Good idea! I'll probably start with just some "crimp your own" connectors, but I'll check in to getting some pigtails as well. Maybe some adapters to hook to my standard plugs.

Yes, pigtails would be great, crip type would be second best for me as I dont have a crimper, but should probably get one. Maybe sell those too,

Banned
    Hey can you recommend me a battery for a Twin Stat II

The Twin star will have the stock motors installed and I won't be modifying for FPV anytime soon.

Navigator
    Hmm, not many people I know are using the stock brushed motors. It looks like a 2s or 3s battery around 2000mAh should work OK. Probably a 2s so you don't burn out the motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    Hey can you recommend me a battery for a Twin Stat II

The Twin star will have the stock motors installed and I won't be modifying for FPV anytime soon.

Who I am^^ Stuff I Say>> Reverand Blue Chip's Avatar
    I think a wiring harness for the EZUHF that ties the RX and EZOSD together might be decent... it's not that hard to do - but may help some out that are afraid of soldering.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Chip View Post
    I think a wiring harness for the EZUHF that ties the RX and EZOSD together might be decent... it's not that hard to do - but may help some out that are afraid of soldering.
    I had considered that. The ImmersionRC guys are going to need to show me that they can produce the EZUHF's in quantities that justify getting the cables made, however. Typically, custom cable orders require a minimum of 500 or 1000 pieces, and let's just say the actual number of EZUHF systems I've received is a couple orders of magnitude below those numbers... I'll still consider getting them made, but I'm holding off to see if the volumes increase.

One thing I notice that NOBODY is carrying are proper Lexan cockpit domes for the more popular FPV models such as the EZ*, Twin* and Skywalker. I know that some planes (such as flying wings) simply don't lend themselves to a cockpit, so they just have to put up with a loss of areodynamics. But for planes that either already come with a plain plastic dome like the Skywalker or a foam dome like the EZ*, being able to make your plane that little bit slipperier would be a nice touch. It would also help with moisture and condensation issues on camera lenses.

They would have to be Lexan to prevent optical distortion, and they obviously wouldn't work with all cameras or mounts. But to have that option would be nice, even if it was a $20 add-on.

^^ I spoke to parkflyerplastics about this. I mentioned Lexan (bc i have Lexan windows in one of the racecars). They said to stay away from Lexan and any other polycarb bc it's hard to form and maintain optics (I assue you'd like to stuff the camera INSIDE of the canopy). They said that plexiglass is the best option... it can be made to look like a window, and can be polished out if scratched.

If you don't plan to view anything through it, then you can use whatever you want really.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter