FPVLAB

Thread: Fun flying at the Campbell River Estuary - no nudity - honest!

Can it be done cheaper?

Fun flying at the Campbell River Estuary - no nudity - honest!

Fun flying with my FB's at the Campbell River Estuary. Nothing too special but I did get to kiss the bottom of the low cloud/fog that was burning off. Decided against flying too deep into them as I still do not employ a RTH system.

I've been kinda quiet lately due to my getting back to work after a couple years of disability. That plus the fact that when it comes to FPV I'm always seeking out new areas but am reluctant to do so until I can afford a Dragon Link system for peace of mind. Once I get out to 1km with my 2.4 RC radio all I can think of is returning without losing signal. I shouldn't be so worried as I have GROUND tested it to 1.8km but I fly EXTREMELY conservatively when I put this bird in the air.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipper99 View Post
    Fun flying with my FB's at the Campbell River Estuary. Nothing too special but I did get to kiss the bottom of the low cloud/fog that was burning off. Decided against flying too deep into them as I still do not employ a RTH system.

I've been kinda quiet lately due to my getting back to work after a couple years of disability. That plus the fact that when it comes to FPV I'm always seeking out new areas but am reluctant to do so until I can afford a Dragon Link system for peace of mind. Once I get out to 1km with my 2.4 RC radio all I can think of is returning without losing signal. I shouldn't be so worried as I have GROUND tested it to 1.8km but I fly EXTREMELY conservatively when I put this bird in the air.

Very nice video. Nothing wrong with being a coward, it gets the plane back! I'm a little yellow myself. BTW have you ever looked into a WiFi booster. They are less than $100 dollars, and with a small gain antenna have been tested to about 10km. Thinking about going that way myself with my FRSky.

Cliff

Can it be done cheaper?
    Yup, actually ordered the booster and the extra patch antenna for it from RangeVideo. Got her all hooked up and everything...and then...I just couldn't bring myself to trust $1000 worth of gear to it! Sold it at a small loss to a fellow in Australia and am saving my $$ for the Dragon Link.

Great video Clipper! I especially liked the flyover of the lone kayaker at the ending, that was perfect!

Looks like a real nice place to fly from too, lots of room to land! (although all that water would make me nervous)