FPVLAB

Thread: Goggles - FAT SHARKS ? - HELP

Forum Member

Question Goggles - FAT SHARKS ? - HELP

I hope this is the right place for posting this, been reading up on this forum, to find the right spot for it. -here it goes.

Goggles - FAT SHARKS ? - but what model

What i need: Head tracker, good display that does not BLUE-OUT (loss of signal)
    What I would like is Your input, What is the PROS and CONS for the DOMINATOR goggles (as I have searched the net for it, but can't find anything good on it).

As far as i can find the Head tracker is a 2 axis UP/DOWN, LEFT/RIGHT

Forum Member
    oh If you got experience with both the OLD BASE, and the Dominator - I would love to know what you think of the Dominators, please try to be more specific "the got smaller FOV"

Forum Member
    I find one of the main differences to be in comfort and fit. The dominators do a far better job of blocking out light as they are more like swimming goggles. The older units just have a foam piece over your eyebrows.

With my poor eyes, I did not notice great improvement over the picture, but I am not the best to ask in that regard. Both versions of the goggles will allow you to do headtracking.

I do not mean to downplay your question but it is kinda logical, if you can afford the nicer new Dominators then get them. If you cannot afford those, get the base edition. Like most technology, the newer equipment is better (optics are better, fit is more comfortable, etc.). Hope this helps.

BB

BTW~ Also remember, you are not risking your goggles every flight; you will never risk "crashing" them so expect them to be in your hangar for a long time to come. Think of it like a cell phone. You may not need the iphone 5, but you use it more than any other device; invest in something nice that you will likely have for a long time.
    Last edited by bsbauman; 28th October 2011 at 04:18 PM.

Forum Member

Red face

Thanks for you input, -

will have them for a long time, was exactly my thoughts, that's why i want to get the right ones from the start...

Forum Member
    The Dominators have a better RX than the Aviators. However the RX still leaves much to be desired. I use my FatSharks as a repeater relay system. Basically I use a powerful ground station and use a 5.8GHz TX instead of a cord

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

[url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting

Forum Member
    Thank Alex, my intention was to go by External VRX and cable, for starters [LOL]

Hey your that guy right, the one with the Clover antenna right, that seems to be the way forth

-Troels

Forum Member
    Yep, that's me The entire tutorial on how to build your own is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post16782555

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

[url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting