Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a positive FPV Organization!

Navigator
    Hello Everyone,

Rotary 65 hit it on the head. Amateur Radio clubs do very well for a self policing agency and are worldwide. I did some checking with a friend who has a Non Profit Group and he is willing to sponsor a group of FPV to become a Non Profit. If anyone is interested I think this could be a super idea opening it up to anyone around the world to become members. If all members would put in 1 hour a week I think we could within a year become the largest FPV group in the World. I would love to get ideas so if anyone has them please e mail me
    tkotropical@aol.com

We would need volunteers for the following...

1- Work the internet to spread the word... 1 hour a week
    2- Work with FPV manufacturers to get them on board
    3- Write small articles which we would publish in our bi weekly or monthly news paper
    4- Recruit volunteers

We could be Non Profit in just 3-4 weeks ...

Please contact me direct at tktropical ( at) aol.com.. please put FPV in subject line..

We have a great chance here folks just need volunteers to get it going.. 1 HOUR A WEEK THATS ALL

We need a positive FPV Organization!

What I was actually suggesting was to approach the local amateur radio groups and work from within them. They already have the working ratio ships with emergency services (volunteer and professional alike), are volunteer based and community service oriented.

Navigator
    Yes I know I am a Ham operator. Many would be willing to help.... I have spoke to a number of them and they would be willing to work with us as needed...

Are you trying to establish a nationwide club? Or a regional one? Most ham radio clubs I am familiar with are smaller home town type of clubs, or maybe county wide.
    Rusty
    NEFPV^

Quote Originally Posted by rotary65 View Post
    What I was actually suggesting was to approach the local amateur radio groups and work from within them. They already have the working ratio ships with emergency services (volunteer and professional alike), are volunteer based and community service oriented.
    Not everyone one who wants to do FPV wants to work with emergency service type of organizations though. There are other ways to provide a good image.
    Rusty
    NEFPV^

Navigator
    "Most ham radio clubs I am familiar with are smaller home town type of clubs, or maybe county wide. " this is true but all work together worldwide when needed. As mentioned earlier I would love input as to U.S.A. based only or worldwide. I personally believe all working together worldwide would make a much more powerful statement. So far from the e mails I have received this group could be a great group from all walks of life to represent the fpv community. GREAT THINGS ARE BEING DONE WORLDWIDE TO HELP THIS HOBBY.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty105 View Post
    Not everyone one who wants to do FPV wants to work with emergency service type of organizations though. There are other ways to provide a good image.
    Very True... There are many ways this could be accomplished than just emergency.. EMERGENCY, ENVIRONMENTAL, SAFETY, just to name a few..

Navigator
    LETS ALSO NOT FORGET EDUCATIONAL... There are some very bright young minds that im sure would have some great ideas..

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    Any way we could piggy back with the AMA to get their blessings ?
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

FPVBOB, why did you send this to me via private message?? Anyone else receive this post as a PM? It reads like spam.

Quote Originally Posted by FPVBOB View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Rotary 65 hit it on the head. Amateur Radio clubs do very well for a self policing agency and are worldwide. I did some checking with a friend who has a Non Profit Group and he is willing to sponsor a group of FPV to become a Non Profit. If anyone is interested I think this could be a super idea opening it up to anyone around the world to become members. If all members would put in 1 hour a week I think we could within a year become the largest FPV group in the World. I would love to get ideas so if anyone has them please e mail me
    tkotropical@aol.com

We would need volunteers for the following...

1- Work the internet to spread the word... 1 hour a week
    2- Work with FPV manufacturers to get them on board
    3- Write small articles which we would publish in our bi weekly or monthly news paper
    4- Recruit volunteers

We could be Non Profit in just 3-4 weeks ...

Please contact me direct at tktropical ( at) aol.com.. please put FPV in subject line..

We have a great chance here folks just need volunteers to get it going.. 1 HOUR A WEEK THATS ALL

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast