http://www.fliteevolution.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FE 360 Pan Tilt kit now available

Just a quick thanks to FE for taking my FPV to the lext level

Any idea how I can reduce jitter in the GWS servo?

wow, thats a sweet flight. wish my SW was that stable

www.FliteEvolution.com FliteEvolution's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
    Just a quick thanks to FE for taking my FPV to the lext level

Any idea how I can reduce jitter in the GWS servo?
    Nice video. I'd say that's closer to Jello rather than Jitter. Here's a few things to check:

Vibration dampening on the motor mount
    Balanced prop
    Foam between the Gopro and our case
    Rubber bands to hold Gopro in. Maybe try velco strap also.
    Ensure canopy is tight on Fuselage.

Clay

Thanks, I'm aware of the jello - new prop, didn't balance it properly before flight, should be better now.

You can see right at the end, after landing, there's a slight shudder. 50% of the time the GWS buzzes and has a slight shudder.

heinduplessis:
    Def more like jello.

Any headway getting that out? The pan tilt concept is one of the coolest concepts in Fpv especially when combined with hd footage. As clay mentioned, there are several factors that contribute to jello and jitters. If/when you can get it smooth, then you really have something special. My ultimate quest in Fpv is getting stable video. What I have learned is that you don't quit maintaining it. I have had limited success with it. Don't ever quit balancing the prop. A 12 inch prop isn't easy either. Pan isn't a bad way to go either with the GP slightly adjusted downward. I am committed to getting that stable video. The skyhunter is a super airframe to work from. FE does a great job with a RTF version. My name is Blake and I am addicted to FPV.

The jello is sorted, was a quick apply of tape to one side of the prop and it's running smoothly.

When I'm on the ground, watching the mount, I can see it jitters, shaking the camera very subtly, but enough to blurr the HD recording.

Not sure what the cause is, could be RF interference or my radio not having a high enough resolution.

Would you mind posting a quick video of it (on the ground)?

Quote Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
    The jello is sorted, was a quick apply of tape to one side of the prop and it's running smoothly.

When I'm on the ground, watching the mount, I can see it jitters, shaking the camera very subtly, but enough to blurr the HD recording.

Not sure what the cause is, could be RF interference or my radio not having a high enough resolution.

Yes, will try to do a little later, working at the moment, thanks.

I still have the jitter issue, I've switched the stock Hitec with a digital servo (no jitter, but low resolution and weak), a htx900 servo (no jitter, but very weak) a turnigy mg servo (slight jitter, but very jumpy when tilting).

Video from the digital servo:

Here's my video illustrating the jitter of the stock HT servo - you'll notice the jitter disappears as soon as I turn of the tx.

Please excuse the crude video and hand signals...

I'm considering this servo now: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...sec_17_4g.html

I can't figure out if it will fit?

Any help appreciated!

Cxn design came out with their version 2. Better design jitters gone. Balance your prop well and you will forget the challenges of jitters. Be sure to ask Carlos which servo fits the design. He sold me one with the kit for 5-10 bucks. It is a metal gear servo. I have been very pleased. Flite evolution may be stocking them by now. Have a look. You will be happy with his new design. Thank goodness to have those particular challenges behind me.