http://www.fliteevolution.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FE 360 Pan Tilt kit now available

www.FliteEvolution.com FliteEvolution's Avatar

FE 360 Pan Tilt kit now available

After lots of testing and trial and error, we now have a pan/tilt kit which we are very comfortable in promoting and selling. We will still offer our 180 degree ball bearing pan kit with this tilt option and box for people who want it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE 360 PT 4.jpg 
Views:	1123 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	32327

http://fliteevolution.com/product/fe-360-pan-tilt-kit/

Kit includes:

GoPro and flight camera box with pan tilt mechanism

GWS 360 degree pan servo

Hitec metal gear Tilt servo

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar

Re: FE 360 Pan Tilt kit now available

I bought a similar unit a couple months ago (it looks *exactly* the same in fact) but found it to be too wobbly since it was entirely supported by the pan servo spline. How'd you get it to be stable?
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

It's been stable for us. If you're worried about stability, we sell the ball bearing pan mount which allows for zero play, however we have to use a 180 servo with it.

This is the one cut by CRD right? I've got a couple here but haven't flown one yet. I built one, one is still in the bag... lol
    AKA Bonafidepirate

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    Here's a video from the one I had in July. Not "FE" brand but I believe it to be the same unit with the same GWS pan servo (I'm intentionally not saying the name here because I assume you've worked out a deal with the original designer... Keith almost got the name right, and it's his videos that led me to research and buy one). I cant remember which tilt servo I used, maybe that's where the shaking came from. I should try mounting it to my Ian-style supported pan.

Last edited by SecretSpy711; 19th September 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

Quote Originally Posted by SecretSpy711 View Post
    ...(I'm intentionally not saying the name here because I assume you've worked out a deal with the original designer... Keith almost got the name right, and it's his videos that led me to research and buy one)...
    CRD is his username on RCG. I don't think it's a secret he makes the pan/tilts, he advertises them on RCG. He sells just the raw plastic bits though as far as I know, not a completed, built unit.
    AKA Bonafidepirate

Navigator
    Hi Vitamin J - isn't the flight cam up there picking up a lot of wind? I'm worried it will create a lot of drag & reduce flight times. Is there any version that has the flight cam next to the gopro?

Quote Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
    Hi Vitamin J - isn't the flight cam up there picking up a lot of wind? I'm worried it will create a lot of drag & reduce flight times. Is there any version that has the flight cam next to the gopro?
    There is a side by side mount, not sure if FE stocks this. The stacked mount is really nice... this allows you to look over the fuselage/behind the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Yeah it probably is but there's not really a way to get around it if you want both a GP and a flight cam on the same p&t. Frontal area is frontal area. I think there are two models; side by side and stacked on top.
    VJ is correct here, frontal area is frontal area, the drag will be nearly the same if not identical. Theoretically speaking the side by side would be slightly less draggy due to boundary layer effects, but it really is not going to be noticeable.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
    We sell the side mount camera box as well. We'll have a picture of it shortly but for now it can be ordered just by informing us via the site or email.

Clay

Navigator
    How do I contact FE? I have a trinity in the post, and I'd like to order this, but I'm told there's a version available with the flight cam NEXT to the GoPro. I'm not getting a response from the web form I submitted, nor the Youtube comment.