FPVLAB

Page 169 of 245 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2445

Thread: Personal Bests V5 (LEADERBOARDS)

Yep, that was certainly the defensive response I anticipated from you Pompe.... It's not always about you buddy.
    There's more than 1 vid recently that shows a unflyable picture yet the km still tick over.
    I totally get your cam apparently failed, you prob should have made a better judgement call and turned around....flying blind for 3-4 hrs is not particularly safe yeah?

This Is Not about your camera fail... It's about having a flyable picture and what is acceptable in this particular threads case.

No grapes here, I just wanted the rules of this "Game" to be discussed and clarified now we at a point where you can buy everything off the shelf to do these huge ranges.

If you think I have no idea how much it takes you might need a history lesson pal, Ive been flying Li-Ion range for over 3 years, I was the first on here that I saw to do it... but I was glad to lay the ground work for late comers like you to get it easier.
    Post 535 in V4 leaderboard, 11 Aug 2013
    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post318360

I've been very busy for last 2 years making babies and renovating houses as well as running a small business, previously my current rig has done a 300km total distance flight, my video can't do 150km and I'm ready to give long range another crack.... This why I asked.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 1st July 2016 at 02:14 AM.

Very sour grapes indeed.

Now you even presume to tell me what I should have or have not done. Please... Where do you live? Is FPV even legal there?
    You laid the ground work for me? Sure... Keep socking on that pipe. And I just heard of you just now for the first time.
    And off the self gist, common, go off the shelf over 100km and land with 1A capacity left with ever changing wind directions.
    Nothing to do with planing, several tests and trials. Even fails. And for sure not DIY in the building.

The part where you fail most and show your true colors is, you start with saying what a great accomplishment I did, then you go ahead and claim "it's all of the self". That is why the grapes are so obvious .
    Who the hell cares what you have been doing in the past two years, why even bring it up. You are obviously very self centered.

If you are serious about kicking it of again. Then wait for my video and see if there is something useful to take away.
    Man, does this list really mean that much to you? Are you doing it for this list? You should really grow up.

I guarantee you that within 1 month, someone else will take top spot from me. I have no illusions. There are many good pilots here. Many much more skilled than I am. This was a personal goal that I set a while back.
    You say I am defensive. Why did you decide to open your mouth just now? And you say this is the reaction that you expect from me. Meanwhile you are the one using word like "jerk", "asshole" and so on (which you have since edit probably do to someones warning). All this tells your true personality.

Do you realize I never heard of you before? Not to talk of see any video or guide from you. Ground work for me? Yeah sure.
    Good luck with your 150km. But please do not do it for the sake of this list if you do. It is called "Personal best" and not "Guinness book of records" for a reason.

No one cares. It is not official. I am also fairly certain that there are people out there that have done more (fly further) but won't go public with it.

People warned me that there is one of you ...... in ever topic. I guess I should have listened and just put you on the ignore list.
    Last edited by PompeCukor; 2nd July 2016 at 03:05 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fly further than you ever did before...
    Affordable Li-ion packs for FPV!
    longrangefpv.com

Oh My God...

Yep Im a nobody compared to you, I also go by Nutbag on Rcgroups so Ive been around quite a while but doubt you would have seen me if you're new.

No this thread does not mean much to me mate.
    If it did cut me deep as you seem to think it does do you think I would let myself slip from 3rd to 12th while watching guys like you get ahead and stay ahead of me?

All I asked for was a discussion, I guess I got your point of view loud n clear.

I actually had respect for you as I do know how hard this would have been, and the huge amount of time it takes.
    Now I got zero, Especially after your above rant and reading on RCG that you had to drop down totally out of video signal for over 30mins to get home... flew it on the sticks with adequate video the whole time huh?

This is why I asked for a discussion, Are we allowed to fly like this (100% relying on autopilots with no video for over 30mins etc) and claim to world to be the king of the kids like Pompe is?
    If the group think its cool i'll ride with it... Zero problems here.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 1st July 2016 at 04:07 AM.

Navigator
    I think ChrisG is right. This has to be discussed.

My personal feeling is. A short break should be no problem. But if I was flying for >15min without video/rc-controll i would consider my flight a fail, rather then a success.

Me too
    I have been considering solar assist for my next rig, seems some would feel that unfair
    What are the goal posts?
    Caps on VTX power?
    Battery capacity?
    Airframe size?
    Antenna gains?

Thanking you for your contribution here Bimogi I tend to agree with you.
    Thanks also Shaftbender, Solar is kinda hard as Alex Villa and Roberto have already used it to place in the list.
    Roberto only used 45sec of motor, I personally use Robertos glider flights as a measure of all others here, I 100% support an extended period of RTH for toilet break or lunch etc as you'll see in his videos.
    He even tells us all in his vids he is doing it... But, he never loses vid or control while doing it which I think is key to this threads on going "fairness"

Alex used quite a bit of solar assist? do we need a solar list? do we keep it simple and leave it be? do we just run whoever gets home wins?

If I can fly out to huge distance with some video and drop down into low level sea breeze during RTH I can 100% go further.
    Rules are limiting, but they tend to make it more fun in the end.

It's a hard call
    However in the first post there are loose limits made on automation, a rule
    Flight manually with just a onscreen display is possible, its called IFR
    I think the limit should be RC and Video range, I guess if you can still read your OSD your still in control, but,
    what about safety?
    Thoughts?

There you go with your god complex again Chris. How much do you really think that I care for your respect. The answer is just as much as you care for mind.
    Especially when you try to base it on whether I make you happy and loose my craft somewhere. Or on the return journey engaging rth dropping below video link for 30km due to the increased wind speed at said altitude, which would have made me run completely out of juice before I got home.
    You want to make rules after my flight? Where do you draw the line? Why 15min, why not 5? Why not make it so you can't use any stabilization?
    I never once evem had fail safe. I had rc control all the way. It is only teletry/osd that Inhad to sacrifice for 30km.
    Go ahead an whine all you want about a fun/unofficial list you little baby. I did this for me and there is absolutely nothing that you canntake away from my accomplishment. No matter how hard you try.
    As we mutual have zero respect for each other now I guess it is a good time to leave the dialog at that.
    Again good luck with your 150km flight with your 100% of the self rtf gear.
    You know why you are even more daft than I tought. Do you realize that I have nothing to hide? If I did not say that I had to drop for 30km on the return journey, no one would know. Most people have just posted either a picture or a 3mins of the last few km. Are you really serious about disqualifing everyone without a fully disclosed and uploaded dvr or the entire trip?
    I am here to tell the story. I don't care what rules you want to setup to please you. You and the other guy are not the F1 ruling committee. If you don't care to acknowledge what Inhave done, then that is your prerogative. Let me spell it out for you... I Don't care.
    Lucky Tim is in charge here and maintains this list entirely voluntarily. Not you.
    Mkay. Bye.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    longrangefpv.com

There you go with your god complex again Chris. How much do you really think that I care for your respect. The answer is just as much as you care for mind.
    Especially when you try to base it on whether I make you happy and loose my craft somewhere. Or on the return journey engaging rth dropping below video link for 30km due to the increased wind speed at said altitude, which would have made me run completely out of juice before I got home.
    You want to make rules after my flight? Where do you draw the line? Why 15min, why not 5? Why not make it so you can't use any stabilization?
    I never once evem had fail safe. I had rc control all the way. It is only teletry/osd that Inhad to sacrifice for 30km.
    Go ahead an whine all you want about a fun/unofficial list you little baby. I did this for me and there is absolutely nothing that you canntake away from my accomplishment. No matter how hard you try.
    As we mutual have zero respect for each other now I guess it is a good time to leave the dialog at that.
    Again good luck with your 150km flight with your 100% of the self rtf gear.
    You know why you are even more daft than I tought. Do you realize that I have nothing to hide? If I did not say that I had to drop for 30km on the return journey, no one would know. Most people have just posted either a picture or a 3mins of the last few km. Are you really serious about disqualifing everyone without a fully disclosed and uploaded dvr or the entire trip?
    I am here to tell the story. I don't care what rules you want to setup to please you. You and the other guy are not the F1 ruling committee. If you don't care to acknowledge what Inhave done, then that is your prerogative. Let me spell it out for you... I Don't care.
    Lucky Tim is in charge here and maintains this list entirely voluntarily. Not you.
    Mkay. Bye.
    longrangefpv.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftbender View Post
    I think the limit should be RC and Video range, I guess if you can still read your OSD your still in control, but,
    what about safety?
    Thoughts?
    Thatīs exactly what I thought. Itīs within the rules of the list but it is not safe to fly like this. When I did my 100km flight I did it in the morning hours to avoid a lot of general VFR traffic but still observed the sky closely with my camera. Without a valid picture it isnīt possible to detect or even avoid full size traffic and that is not a safe way to fly.
    However he did it without the use of automation and without any visual cues which is impressive but as mentioned not safe and shall be avoided by any means.

Tim

...oh and the list is updated. As soon as Pompe is posting a link he will be in the 1st place of the electronic powered list.
    My Videos:
    --> https://vimeo.com/user2421484/videos
    --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTlLcJj_WboUDre8JmfKg4Q/videos[/url]

Page 169 of 245 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast