Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS CORE PNP25

Navigator
    Adjusted trim, still got problems with odd with various cameras.
    Living the dream! all things RC

So going into the core, I turned on RSSI and set it to analog (since im running several wires from FC to rx, and not just one). Took a plug that fit the RSSI port from the Core PnP and turned it into a servo lead to plug into my DragonLink's RSSI Rx port.

Since there does not seem to exist a Wire Pinout for the plugs/ports on the PnP I can assume that this lack of Info may be giving me my issue of incorrect RSSI reading. *edit found that in post 118 - wire pinout is correct, but values do not change*

I remember you saying that we have to "teach" the core our rssi, by turning ON the Tx when it askes for max value, and turning OFF the Tx when asking for the min value.

Now it displays 100% reguardless of Tx being on or off. Ive read of several others who have run into this problem, but whats the fix? What am I doing wrong?

**edit**
    I GOT IT!!
    I had the servo plug for RSSI plugged in upside down and I had it set up that way. I re-did the CORE rssi calibration, TX on when max, the off on Min, the exited. power cycled and it WORKS!!! 0% when off, and does its normal bounce around in the high 90's. SO nice to finally see!!
    Last edited by Dust; 2nd April 2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Old model tbs core wiring

Hi can someone help me out here. I'm trying to wire my core, fubata 5.8 vtx and tbs 69.
    A couple of questions.

1.is anyone using on/off switches on the planes? I'm building a caipirahna.

2. My fubata 5.8vtx has two leads. 1st lead is pos and negative. And the second lead is a bungle of 5 leads red, black , yellow. White and green. I know I need power to the tbs core and apparently its marked vin/ grd. If I bring power from the battery to the core what do I do with the pos/ neg harness on the vtx?

3. My local hobby shop tells me that I will need a computer connect made for the tbs 69 is this correct. Pos neg and video?

Hope someone can help as I've spent days trying work this out and it's doing my head in, worst if all the Misses thinks I'm wasting to much time on theis hobby as I'm using the dining table as the workbench

Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Hi can someone help me out here. I'm trying to wire my core, fubata 5.8 vtx and tbs 69.
    A couple of questions.

1.is anyone using on/off switches on the planes? I'm building a caipirahna.

2. My fubata 5.8vtx has two leads. 1st lead is pos and negative. And the second lead is a bungle of 5 leads red, black , yellow. White and green. I know I need power to the tbs core and apparently its marked vin/ grd. If I bring power from the battery to the core what do I do with the pos/ neg harness on the vtx?

3. My local hobby shop tells me that I will need a computer connect made for the tbs 69 is this correct. Pos neg and video?

Hope someone can help as I've spent days trying work this out and it's doing my head in, worst if all the Misses thinks I'm wasting to much time on theis hobby as I'm using the dining table as the workbench

Please help
    1- Im not using a switch on my planes, nor do i hear of them being used.

2- Im guessing you mean FatShark and not Futaba. As far as I know Futaba does not make any Video stuff. Assuming its a Fatshark one your main power in (12v) is going to be the two wire plug Red/Blk. Make sure your CORE is set to 12v Vtx (open box if PNP and set solder jumper pads accordingly). if its the PNP just get the right plug for the PNP's Vtx port and run your Black to both GND's (both the two pin and the 5 pin) Yellow is you video, White is Audio. With the Vtx, youll see one the 5 pin one the top is an audio (green i think) and the bottom is a red (5v OUT not in) So remove the red one from the 5 pin, and reomve the top audio (only used for telemetry) So keep the WHITE/YELLOW/BLACK of the 5 pin, and both the red and black of the 2 pin (power TO the vtx)
    OR you can run your power/ground from the balance port of your lipo assuming your running 3 cell to get easy power to your vtx, but using the CORE is preferable as it acts as a filter as well.

I never had to use a computer to use my TBS 69. Its pretty awesome outta the box with an easy to navate OSD with D-pad controller included. Why did they say that?
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Re fatshark , core and tbs 69

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    1- Im not using a switch on my planes, nor do i hear of them being used.

2- Im guessing you mean FatShark and not Futaba. As far as I know Futaba does not make any Video stuff. Assuming its a Fatshark one your main power in (12v) is going to be the two wire plug Red/Blk. Make sure your CORE is set to 12v Vtx (open box if PNP and set solder jumper pads accordingly). if its the PNP just get the right plug for the PNP's Vtx port and run your Black to both GND's (both the two pin and the 5 pin) Yellow is you video, White is Audio. With the Vtx, youll see one the 5 pin one the top is an audio (green i think) and the bottom is a red (5v OUT not in) So remove the red one from the 5 pin, and reomve the top audio (only used for telemetry) So keep the WHITE/YELLOW/BLACK of the 5 pin, and both the red and black of the 2 pin (power TO the vtx)
    OR you can run youur power/ground from the balance port of your lipo assuming your running 3 cell to get easy power to your vtx, but using the CORE is preferable as it acts as a filter as well.

I never had to use a computer to use my TBS 69. Its pretty awesome outta the box with an easy to navate OSD with D-pad controller included. Why did they say that?
    Thanks dust
    I originally soldered the fatshark to 5v on the core so looks like. I will have to change it to 12v. I cut the plug end off my power cable going into the fatshark vtx after reading a post and now wish I didn't as I've read that the balance lead plug that comes with the vtx has a filter and step down in it (and of course I cut it to close to re solder it back)!. If I get my power if plug for the vtx going again and use the balance lead plug to get my power would I use the 5 v jumper on the core as it would already bd stepped down? If so will I take the power to the core directly from the battery packs main lead?
    My tbs 69 only came with the board attached to set up the camera ( no other leads for the 4 pin plug). I went to a hobby shop to try get them make a lead for me and they didn't deal in that type of plug and directed my to a computer shop? I'm guessing a computer shop may have the two pin plug I cut of the power into my my vtx too ( I hope).
    Duty what is the pnp? Sorry I'm pretty new to this hobby.
    Oh I'm using a 2S lipo which is 7.4 v I think? If that changes anything?
    Thanks again

Ohh dust my core is the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Thanks dust
    I originally soldered the fatshark to 5v on the core so looks like. I will have to change it to 12v. I cut the plug end off my power cable going into the fatshark vtx after reading a post and now wish I didn't as I've read that the balance lead plug that comes with the vtx has a filter and step down in it (and of course I cut it to close to re solder it back)!. If I get my power if plug for the vtx going again and use the balance lead plug to get my power would I use the 5 v jumper on the core as it would already bd stepped down? If so will I take the power to the core directly from the battery packs main lead?
    My tbs 69 only came with the board attached to set up the camera ( no other leads for the 4 pin plug). I went to a hobby shop to try get them make a lead for me and they didn't deal in that type of plug and directed my to a computer shop? I'm guessing a computer shop may have the two pin plug I cut of the power into my my vtx too ( I hope).
    Duty what is the pnp? Sorry I'm pretty new to this hobby.
    Oh I'm using a 2S lipo which is 7.4 v I think? If that changes anything?
    Thanks again
    Both the TBS69 and the Vtx are running off 12v, so 5v's wont be used or part of the equation as both jumper pads would be soldered for 12v cam and 12v VTx
    This pic is showing 12v cam but 5v Vtx, so change that to where the solder brides the middle and 12v pad leaving the 5v pad isolated. Also not that there is 2 wires soldered onto the GND on the cam side but one looks white, dont worry about that.

Also a JST or modded servo head (one wire chamber xacto'd leaving a 2 pin plug) has the same pin spacing, so they will fit/work just not click in (hot glue can fix that) so no worries there.

Do you have a pic of how the came is or a link? my tbs69 had i wanna say 2 ports on the back. a long one for the d-pad and a 4 pin one for i only used vid, power, and ground wires from it since it does not have mic, it doesnt need audio cable.

vtx side is pretty self explanatory.

if you need extra plug/pigtails/connectors, be sure to stock up from TBS, RMRC, GETFPV, or who ever has them. Get several of each save yourself headaches later. Also learn from this to cut connectors off in a way that they CAN be soldered back on later if needed. It took me a while to learn this myself. LOL
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Pilot
    Anyone here know if the CORE gets its voltage off VIN + GND? I'm wiring it directly to the leads going to the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by TZZDC1241 View Post
    Anyone here know if the CORE gets its voltage off VIN + GND? I'm wiring it directly to the leads going to the battery.
    If your talking about the old style core your battery in would be in the Vin and Gnd under the Sens pad above CAM pads
    VIN2 would be is secondary backup battery was being used
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Thanks dust

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    If your talking about the old style core your battery in would be in the Vin and Gnd under the Sens pad above CAM pads
    VIN2 would be is secondary backup battery was being used
    Thanks dust, that just answered my question. I haven't seen any pics on the net showing it? The tbs core manual doesn't even have a pic of it, they always show wires going to and from cam and vtx.