FPVLAB

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: JR X9503 PPM mod

Navigator
    Well, an unsuccessful attempt on my part. Three attempts and unable to get sufficient PPM signal to make a DLV2 or FRsky tx happy. Photos attached of my last attempt - a macro / magnified image of the alleged PPM pin indicate a reasonable solder that is not touching any of the neighbouring pins.

Radio still works as native 2.4 but I have had enough of it and will be looking warmly upon a Taranis box when they arrive in Australia. Just not warming to the idea of outfitting myself with a heap of Spektrum receivers in addition to my current fleet of DL and FrSky gear.

So the lesson here.... a) don't blow your radio up and failing this, b) speak to the ebay vendor and confirm that the replacement radio has a removable module rather than just something that looks like one.

Seems I can only add one image to this post.
    Mike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2602.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	34326

Navigator
    hi every one
    is there anyone who has experience on working with futaba 8fg with thomas scherrer long range system. i m new to fpvs and having problem in connecting tslrs with futaba 8fg super. any one can help me out on this will be appreciable..

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by emjay View Post
    Well, an unsuccessful attempt on my part. Three attempts and unable to get sufficient PPM signal to make a DLV2 or FRsky tx happy. Photos attached of my last attempt - a macro / magnified image of the alleged PPM pin indicate a reasonable solder that is not touching any of the neighbouring pins.

Radio still works as native 2.4 but I have had enough of it and will be looking warmly upon a Taranis box when they arrive in Australia. Just not warming to the idea of outfitting myself with a heap of Spektrum receivers in addition to my current fleet of DL and FrSky gear.

So the lesson here.... a) don't blow your radio up and failing this, b) speak to the ebay vendor and confirm that the replacement radio has a removable module rather than just something that looks like one.

Seems I can only add one image to this post.
    Mike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2602.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	34326
    I could be mistaken, but it looks like you've soldered to the 4th post from the left, while the earlier image--I think--shows the PPM lead soldered to the 3rd post from the left.

Also, I believe the DLv2 was updated over a year ago and it can now cope with the weak PPM signal supplied directly from the Trainer Port (so there's no need for the extra internal lead).

Does this sound correct fellows?

Navigator
    I think that it was a case of a too-thick soldering iron. Not getting any signal from trainer port (for either DL or simulator use). An expensive error.

I'm now flying with a Taranis - it has a lovely module bay .... just like I thought this JR radio had.

internal 2.4 still works fine on the JR though.

thank-you for the reply.

MJ

Navigator
    That's a nice Mod. But too much for me to manage. I'll grab another radio.

I just listed my X9503 on the classifieds in case anyone wants to mod it.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....-34997-200-OBO

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by wilanz View Post
    That's a nice Mod. But too much for me to manage. I'll grab another radio.

I just listed my X9503 on the classifieds in case anyone wants to mod it.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....-34997-200-OBO

wow stuff sells quick. Already gone!

Is this what's needed to make a head tracker work too?

Navigator
    Well, successfuly attempt on my JR DX9
    UHF SYSTEM IS HAWKEYE DTF UHF 1W DELUXE TX

THANKS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456