FPVLAB

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trappy in the news again......Popular Mechanics

Trappy in the news again......Popular Mechanics

For those of you that haven't seen it, the Mega-Marketing-Maniac known as Trappy is in this months (September) issue of Popular Mechanics, "Good Drone, Bad Drone" p.76

The quote from Trappy kind of cracked me up "There needs to be some kind of process that evaluates if you know what you are doing, something in the line of aircraft or pilot certification"

There is a bit of sensationalism in the article, as would be expected. (Read part D. Terrorist's toy)

Anyways, congrats to Trappy for making it into the public eye again....

trappah is Mah hero
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

[Flight Box]Low Class FPV slowjet's Avatar

Re: Trappy in the news again......Popular Mechanics

Licensing suggestion from the most notable rouge FPV pilot?.. SELLING OUT Trappy?

Is the FAA bullying you into this?

Edit: I have not read the article. but I guess his quote could be taken several ways. Since he said certification (not licensing) and giving his record of a libertarianesk mindset I would actually think that he it's perhaps suggesting a non governmental private certification which I think would be fantastic. Not required to fly but perhaps it could be a system used to get an understanding of competency, a standard for insurance companies and clientele. for example a sporting event require a certain certification before hiring you to be able to film at their venue.
    Last edited by slowjet; 28th August 2013 at 12:23 PM.
    [Flight Box] - Watch, Cry, Subscribe.
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^

Co-Pilot
    No like all businessmen they realise longevity is the key. Rather a regulated system than an out right ban.

Fact is that market based regulation is always better for business (especially small business) and longevity than governmental regulation.
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^

Quote Originally Posted by slowjet View Post
    Fact is that market based regulation is always better for business (especially small business) and longevity than governmental regulation.
    Yes, for instance, in the real estate market.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Yes, for instance, in the real estate market.
    Yes the real estate market is quite regulated. more so than others depending upon the state.

but I think you're trying to point out the problems with lending and the banking system. the real estate crash was due to government interference in the real estate and banking systems. Don't freak out yet, just read. lobbying from the banking sector had created so called regulations that actually allowed banks to do things which would otherwise.be completely illegal.. would be considered fraud for anyone else to do those things. In a market based economy you are subject to the same laws as everyone else. bankers are current encouraged to openly commit fraud that is very akin to a large Ponzi scheme or even counterfeiting. and if they get into financial trouble because of this its okay they can just get a bailout for the company. that's called the moral hazard.

so yes government interference in any market can go very badly.
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^

Laws are literally government regulation. "Market based regulation" is a system without laws, where "the free market decides." So if the bankers and lenders were doing things that were not illegal then they were operating outside of government regulation and operating under market regulation.

Notice his comments were referencing knowing what you are doing - not when/where you can fly. For example... I support ALL current active airport proximity "restrictions" - but I don't support (all) restrictions/suggestions that urban FPV or proximity to buildings should be "blanket" rules. However, knowing what you're doing in these environments is PARAMOUNT - and honestly most do not. I'm privvy to a lot of "woops" that don't get posted publicy and this is the biggest thing that worries me. People assume that the next step after flying a mile is to shoot "pro" video or make urban/range flights - this is a mistake IMO.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Laws are literally government regulation. "Market based regulation" is a system without laws, where "the free market decides." So if the bankers and lenders were doing things that were not illegal then they were operating outside of government regulation and operating under market regulation.

You see this is the problem. People don't understand these things. We are way of topic but The banking system was operating under and by regulations. They are still literally legally allowed to commit fraud and do daily under current banking laws. They are not acting in good faith.

You are wrong on thr perception of market economies. The free market simply means the market is not directly regulated by the government. But individual actions are still held to a lawful standard. For example in free market you can't go and murder the competition. It's not legal (unless your government apparently) Free markets still have to respect common law...
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast