Page 99 of 892 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199599 ... LastLast

Thread: New molded Ritewing Zephyr II

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    These look pretty sizeable

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280672621434

I want the 1000th post in this thread, il be soo cool.

lol,
    Ugrd
    Volto: "Asking about range around here is kind of like asking someone how hot their grandma is."

Me: "WATCH THIS" Famous last words

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugrd View Post
    I want the 1000th post in this thread, il be soo cool.

lol,
    Ugrd
    You were a bit premature in that case

I don't know about you guys, but I'm blown away with how efficient this plane is. I'm flying the hell out of it and getting 30 minute or more flight times.

Here's a word to the wise: A buddy of mine dared me to try to launch it straight up like a rocket and resting on the winglets. Since it has great static thrust on the 10x5 on 4cells I thought, "why not?" Well, I couldn't get it to work. Came down and knocked a skid off. A little hot glue later and you would never know, but there's one for the experimental log.

Started slapping on FPV gear last night with the hope of having an FPV maiden this weekend, weather permitting. My poor FPV Twinstar.

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    I reckon to do the whole vertical take-off thing you'll need vector-thrusting on the motor, as the evalons will have no effect until you're carrying some speed.
    Last edited by Ian Davidson; 17th January 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Alright before I Goop my servos in. The foam will soften right? But then it will harden when it cures? I used it on my EZ Star and the foam softened but turned real solid once it cured.

You can do a vertical take off, its complicated though. You need to start off with just enough power to lift, then once it gets light give it a little more gass, usually it will do one full torque roll (which totally messes with your head the first few times) After the torque roll she falls down flat and level and off you go. I have yet to try it with a Zephyr but have done it plenty of times with my other wings.
    Last edited by airbagit13; 17th January 2012 at 05:08 PM.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Listen. I was all happy in my own little world that a vertical take off is an impossibility with the ZII. Now you tell me that not only is it possible and that you've done it many times, but that I can't do it. See, now I have a skill challenge in front of me for my lovely ZII that currently looks all pretty and clean and void of major cracks and tears. I will be obsessing over the vertical take off now. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
    I reckon to do the whole vertical take-off thing you'll need vector-thrusting on the motor, as the evalons will have no effect until you're carrying some speed.
    no vector on
    How many engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    3. One to hold the light bulb and two to turn the ladder.

Lol, my bad. Not with the Zephyr though. I never flew it without my FPV gear on it, maiden was all FPV. I wouldn't have the balls to try vertical take offs with how expensive she is while clad in FPVness. Here are two vertical take offs from my other wings. The pink one is a custom build that breaks 100mph level flight and was also the first plane I tried vertical take offs with. Everyone at the field loved watching it take off. There were even 2 times where people crashed because they were flying and looked away to watch her rocket ship up and when they looked back they had lost orientation. True story! lol

FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com