Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1070

Thread: Airtruksrus trailer ground station buildup

I have 2 Storms and 2 Tornados, all in different FPV planes. I have had zero problem getting GPS lock. It usually takes seconds. I always put my GPS out on one of the wings... did you have yours close to some other component?
    -LFP Flyer

Had it sunk into the wing just below the surface. When it wouldn't lock on after 45 minutes of waiting, that's when I tried the feiyu Tech unit and had lock on in 15 minutes from inside the garage. Even checked the wiring against all diagrams showing the proper connector hookup, nothing. The gps had a constant light on during the test but no satellite bars on the indicator. Doesn't look like it was damaged and is essentially a new unit out of the box. My buddy Francis is getting a new one ordered and will run it as soon as it arrives. During the last flight using the feiyu tech gps, the Storm performed flawlessly and set a 3,000 ft fence and 380ft altitude which activated Rth and headed back. I did notice a like able feature of when you're in stabilized mode, it would compensate for a crosswind and maintain a straight course line, something the FY31 doesn't do unless in rth. It just doesn't control the throttle during the flight modes like your Tornado.
    KF7TSE

youtube.com/channel/UCzoOpmJK8_WOlBl65sZAfGw
    vimeo.com/airtruksrus/videos

Airtruksrus Cockpit Ground Station Systems.
    Open for business
    Always under revision to make it better.

Scotty it looks like we have deserted the lab.
    Please post something.

Mick! Good to hear from you again. The Cockpit is still going strong and just pulled the computer out of it for the winter. I plan on doing some flying this winter out at the field and see how well it works with a small heater and the moving map on the iPad.

Been keeping up with your latest posts with the quad and heck, that makes for a quick rush.
    KF7TSE

Open for business

It has been a while since I posted last, seems I have to redo most of the shortcuts to the photos and videos since they have gone to invalid links as of late. Untill then, here's a couple of videos of the latest flights with the Drak and one test from the microquad.

Really looking to flying a bit more out of the winter and in the meantime, attempt to edit the previous posts and fix the links.
    KF7TSE

Open for business

Upgrades

Definitely been crickets on the lab lately but the trailer is going through some upgrades and modifications. Should have some updated pics to post. It all started when I discovered mildew growing on the last remaining untreated wood surfaces and required getting treated and painted. Moved the generator to the aft enclosure to open up the front shelf for the camping gear and finally adding led lights to the Cockpit area to make flying at night or with the doors closed a little easier. Making a better slide in rack for the mobile 2 meter in the overhead next to the backup monitor. Should have all the switches wired in and bundled along with additional cover plates to conceal everything on the instrument panel and control stick. Itís starting to look like a decent Cockpit.
    KF7TSE

Open for business

echo..oo..o.o.o.o
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Lol... How you doin Brett?

Will be glad to start putting the Cockpit back together soon, looks like a power screwdriver went crazy and disassembled everything at the moment. Kind of thought the lights you had set up in your pilots station for the instruments worked out nicely and wanted to pattern them in a similar fashion.
    KF7TSE

Open for business

Seems that I had a lot of trouble trying to save the photos from photobucket when the account went kaput on the initial build, so it's starting off fresh by using Google Drive and downloads to get the latest posted. Far less hassle.

So as for now, besides everything in a chaotic disarray, the mold problem on the untreated surfaces have been taken care of, just a few minor touch up around the back wall and the upper monitor brace. Otherwise, installing the additional new equipment is getting underway. This also includes sheets of 1" pink insulating foam mounted in the panels, should make it easier to keep the moisture from building up when the trailer is left outside and running a heater on a timer. The inside wasn't entirely wet so much as it was humid enough to discolor the untreated panels with the distinct green splotches and a bad mildew smell.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back Shelves.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	78166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cockpit.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	78167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Top.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	78169

Found the best location for the Yamaha subwoofer in the front lower shelf in front of the rudder pedals. Now I can feel the engine when I throttle up, volume control is on the speaker to the right of the pilot seat. The music sounds awesome as it resonates throughout the trailer, additional entertainment out at the flying field.

Name:	Front Lower.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	78168

The decision to move the generator to the lower aft shelf is so I can sound proof the enclosure and further quiet the internal power. This keeps the power cord access in the back and will attach a remote kill switch on the instrument panel as well as a cutover switch to change between internal and external power. Fairly simple to hook up and mounting the generator on a railed slide plate makes it simple to refill or take out. It also reduced some of the trailer tongue weight. Opened up an access for the extended exhaust and wrapped up in fiberglass heat hose coming straight from the main muffler, the extra muffler on the end has a larger opening and should quiet it down even further. Eventually the generator will get replaced with a more efficient model that adjust the load and runs 8 times longer than this one. The timer on the backup monitor has worked out great this past couple years as I set it for 90 minutes between fill-ups for continuous runs during flight sim operations at the airshows. Got a small fire extinguisher just in case the inevitable happens, heaven forbid...

Name:	Generator Panel.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	78170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Generator.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	78171

The other part I've taken a look at is internal lighting since doing anything inside the cockpit once the doors are closed requires a headlamp aside from the monitor for light. These Led strips are in red and white and using 3 switches to control them. One is for lights on, 2nd is the select between red and white, and the 3rd is for the 2 different white light settings for either panel only or cockpit flood light. Found the best place for the switches is on the lower left panel, in front of the throttle quadrant.

Name:	LED white red.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	78172

More of the updates to come.
    KF7TSE

Open for business

Been a while since posting on here, but this is the best one yet, MiniDrak and Cockpit flying!

posted the link from the iPhone
    KF7TSE

Open for business

Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107