ReadyMadeRC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 mW 1.3 GHz "FPV" transmitter, sync issues

1000 mW 1.3 GHz "FPV" transmitter, sync issues

Hi! I bought this transmitter (1000 mW, 1.3 GHz, says "FPV" on the front of it and has vent-holes cut in the case) back about 9 months ago. I was using it for my Penguin, which has had only maybe 15 flights since I built it but has had constant issues with video sync and breakup of the picture depending on lighting. I'm viewing with fatshark aviator goggles. My video receivers are the RMRC "digital" 1.3 GHz, with SAW filter installed, ones. Typically the problem appeared the worst when the video had high dynamic range, like a sunset where the ground is relatively dark and the sun bright on the horizon.

Well I finally sat down and did the trouble-shooting of this problem on the weekend. I switched out the cameras (PZ0420 from sc2000, and a CMQ1993X) to no effect. I eliminated a video switcher and tried new wiring harnesses. Finally I replaced the video transmitter with an 800mW "Fox" style one I bought from RMRC a long time ago. Replacing the vtx solved the issues.

Has anyone else reported this issue with this particular video transmitter? I'd like to use the thing at some point if possible rather than just having a $90 paperweight! Does it like a particular camera, etc?

thx!
    Last edited by ke123; 12th August 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Sorry to hear its not working! Please submit a ticket and we will help you out with a replacement. Unless it has been modified or damaged in a crash, it will definetly not be a $90 paperweight.

www.Readymaderc.com/support

Quote Originally Posted by McCleary.11 View Post
    Sorry to hear its not working! Please submit a ticket and we will help you out with a replacement. Unless it has been modified or damaged in a crash, it will definetly not be a $90 paperweight.

www.Readymaderc.com/support
    Oh that's very kind of you, but it has two heatsinks attached (permanently, with arctic silver thermal epoxy) and I can't remove those. If that, or the fact that it was bought some time ago, is not a problem, sure I'll submit a ticket. But I understand if that's a no go.

Navigator
    One other thing to consider:
    Often, while all the components in a system individually work fine, sometimes a specific combination of equipment can cause problems similar to what you describe. In other words, it's possible that the transmitter might work perfectly fine with a different camera or with other components swapped out in the system. Every item in the "chain" can tweak the video signal just a bit, and often the video signals from the cameras aren't 100% to the video specifications in the first place. Combine those things together and you can get tearing or other issues. Have you tried a different camera with that transmitter?
    We can probably help out if needed even with the heat sinks attached, but I'd check that out first just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyMadeRC View Post
    One other thing to consider:
    Often, while all the components in a system individually work fine, sometimes a specific combination of equipment can cause problems similar to what you describe. In other words, it's possible that the transmitter might work perfectly fine with a different camera or with other components swapped out in the system. Every item in the "chain" can tweak the video signal just a bit, and often the video signals from the cameras aren't 100% to the video specifications in the first place. Combine those things together and you can get tearing or other issues. Have you tried a different camera with that transmitter?
    We can probably help out if needed even with the heat sinks attached, but I'd check that out first just to be sure.
    You're exactly right, and that's really why I started this thread to ask for other's experience with this vtx and what camera combo worked specifically for them. I have tested both PZ0420 and CMQ1993X cameras (from SC2000) with the same result - I actually tested a few different PZ0420's that I have kicking around here. All have the same result; i can almost always find one camera position between light/dark (even in a room) that makes the picture scramble and go crazy. I do have a pixim camera that I have not yet tested with this vtx, I can try that and maybe this vtx will be useful for a rig using that (heavy) camera

Will report back.. In the meantime, if anybody else has run in to this before or used this vtx successfully, post details of your setup please!

thx

ke123, where in Edmonton are you?

Re: 1000 mW 1.3 GHz "FPV" transmitter, sync issues

Quote Originally Posted by Anixs View Post
    ke123, where in Edmonton are you?
    West end, close to WEM.

I have the exact same video transmitter.. removed from my FPV truck a while ago. If you want to PM me your address, I could toss it in your mailbox tomorrow. I'm visiting some family in the Meadowlark area. Just a few minutes from WEM. I don't remember any video problems with it (RMRC-700XV camera used). Maybe it would help you troubleshoot this?

Re: 1000 mW 1.3 GHz "FPV" transmitter, sync issues

Quote Originally Posted by Anixs View Post
    I have the exact same video transmitter.. removed from my FPV truck a while ago. If you want to PM me your address, I could toss it in your mailbox tomorrow. I'm visiting some family in the Meadowlark area. Just a few minutes from WEM. I don't remember any video problems with it (RMRC-700XV camera used). Maybe it would help you troubleshoot this?
    Well that's very nice of you to offer! I will PM my address to you. Cheers.

Got your address. I'll drop it off tomorrow.